Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The WRONG Isopure!!??

I kept reading about people using Isopure with 40 grams of protein--the ones I bought only have 15, I was told I could buy at CVS, so I bought the only ones they had! Didn't realize there was more than one, thought they put them in smaller containers!

Geez---these have carbs and sugar! Beware!:)

I cannot drink isopuke. horrible after taste. If that was what it took to loose weight I would still be fat. I tried adding grape juice to it just to use up the 4 little bottles I bought. ICK. Sorry if you had to buy alot. Try Myoplex by EAS I get it at the supermarket (vons) chocolate . I am going to try the vanilla soon. I tried the Myoplex lite and did not like it. Just my experiences so far.

i just bought the Isopure to TRY prior to proceeding on my journey... i am a bit trepidatious in trying it. i bought the only stuff i could find, also at CVS. it's not sugar free, so it probably tastes ok, but where can i find the right (sugar free) stuff? just hoping this stuff isn't too gnarly.

I found some 15 gram stuff at GNC today (Alpine Punch) that has no sugar or carbs...the one that is 40 grams is a HUGE bottle--take me all freaking day to drink that! The little 8 oz with 15 grams is much more manageable in my mind and my stomach...

I'm thinking I might stick with the sugar ones, at least it is some protein!

the only problem with the sugar ones is that you might have some dumping. we are not suppose to as bad as a rny patient, but we can if we eat or drink too much sugar products. see if you can take the ones back that you bought at cvs and get the ones from GNC. they will be better for you because they have 40 g. in one bottle. they have at 6 flavors. you can also buy online at bariatriceating.com hope this helps you and i know it is very discouraging when you buy something thinking you are doing good to only need something else. you really don't want to have to do more of that drink to get 40 grams of Protein in the first few days. it is hard enough to try to get it all in without having to do more. the Isopure from gnc is 20 ounces i believe. well again hope this helps..

Has anyone heard of or tried Unjury? This was brought to my attention by a sleeve-friend today, and I looked it up. Sounds like something to try? UNJURY Protein for Weight Loss Surgery Patients: WLS Protein, Bariatric Protein, Gastric Bypass Protein, Lapband Protein

My doctor gave me a few samples, Unjury being one of them and it was my least favorite! It had a bad smell, and didn't go down too well, and the after taste was horrible. I didn't really like any of the Protein powders I tried yet though, they all were gritty and foamy and I could barely get them down...I actually ended up going and buying some Isopure at Rite-Aid for my pre-op diet(15g protein) and I like that much better. I am going to buy a variety for post-op (some Atkins shakes, Eas, and these ones from costco that I can't recall the name) just to see which ones work for me. Good luck, it seems like finding the right one for you is very difficult and expensive!!

Hey all... So I saw those Protein bullet things at my local costco the other day, but can't find them on the costco website. I was able to find Muscle Milk Protein at Costco as well, and you can check it out online... Maybe this will help. A lot of people seem to like the muscle milk.

Costco - Your search for "protein" produced 2 results

If you guys haven't already check out the blog at theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

she has been a successful rny patient and has a variety of recipes for Protein Shakes at all phases in the post op world, as well as some links to some special deals for some of the Proteins out there.

I ordered tons of samples from the thread here and the only one I have been able to tolerate is the Unjury chocolate flavor. It isn't super thick and just tastes like chocolate milk to me. The rest all grossed me out! Good luck with your search.

After not much time, I got REALLY tired of the Isopure, and it was a bit too sweet for me post-surgery. So, I have some of it sitting here, not sure what to do with it. If anyone on here from VEGAS or HENDERSON is interested, I'd love to give it to someone who will use it.

The ONLY shake I have found that I'm ok with is the Jay Robb Protein. It has 25 grams per scoop, and when adding milk, that makes it an 8 oz, non-fat 34 grams of Protein Shake. Good stuff, for the most part.

I haven't loved MOST of the Protein things I've tried over the last month, so the Jay Robb is a tolerable and good choice for me...

Hope everyone is doing well! :wink0:

After not much time, I got REALLY tired of the Isopure, and it was a bit too sweet for me post-surgery. So, I have some of it sitting here, not sure what to do with it. If anyone on here from VEGAS or HENDERSON is interested, I'd love to give it to someone who will use it.

The ONLY shake I have found that I'm ok with is the Jay Robb Protein. It has 25 grams per scoop, and when adding milk, that makes it an 8 oz, non-fat 34 grams of Protein Shake. Good stuff, for the most part.

I haven't loved MOST of the Protein things I've tried over the last month, so the Jay Robb is a tolerable and good choice for me...

Hope everyone is doing well! :)

Can you do Jay Rob immediatly post-op? It is not a clear liquid.

No, the Jay Robb isn't allowed on the clear-liquids phase... But that only lasts a couple of weeks, so I was able to deal... I'm still cool with the Jay Robb (I'm using it every day, in the morning), so that's a good thing. I just got the strawberry flavor, it's really very good as well... tastes like a lighter strawberry milk flavor.

I still have about 5 small bottles of the Isopure, and one really big bottle of it... if anyone here in Vegas or Henderson is interested. I just don't want to throw it out (expensive stuff), but won't use it myself.

Hope this helps!