Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Post Op diet

So I am looking for ideas for daily intake. At the moment my usual day consists of

Breakfast

1/2 a Weetbix

Morning tea

Black Tea

lunch

1 cruskit with vegimite or creamed cheese

some watermelon

Afternoon Tea

fruit

dinner

Pasta

I need some variation, can anyone post what they eat inn a day to give me some ideas please! Thanks in advance!

You eat Pasta for dinner every night? I'm one who cannot lose with carbs. Your entire diet seems to be pretty high carb.

The formula I've seen was 60 grams Protein and less than 30 carbs a day and about 800 calories.

I'm sure someone else will know exactly.

You eat Pasta for dinner every night? I'm one who cannot lose with carbs. Your entire diet seems to be pretty high carb.

The formula I've seen was 60 grams Protein and less than 30 carbs a day and about 800 calories.

I'm sure someone else will know exactly.

Sorry I should have explained. I was sleeved on the 20th of April and have only in the last 3 days started a normal diet. I have been sick in hopsital with complications and my doctor hasn't really given me much to go on re protien intake and all that stuff.

Are you from Brisbane? I've been to Brisbane. I've been to Australia twice and would go back in a heartbeat. I love it.

I certainly am! Bit cold here today though! But it is a beautiful sunny day, too nice to be at work!

That doesn't seem like a lot of food. I assume you'll be adding to it since you are very early out. I also think it's a pretty "carby" diet. I know in AUS they don't go for the High Protein, Low Carb diet after WLS like we do, but even if you don't buy into doing it that way, you want to have as much protein as you can whenever you are on a very low calorie diet so that you don't lose as much muscle mass.

Hi I had my sleeve done in the uk 12 days ago my typical days food intake at this time is:-

100 -150 mls runny oatmeal made with skimmed milk

coffee

petite filous

Lentil & ham & veg Soup liquidised 100 - 150ml

sugar free juice

pureed fruit 75ml

chicken casserole lots of stock liquidised 100 - 150 ml

coffee

sugar free jelly/jello or fat free yoghurt 100ml

skimmed milk warmed 100mls

I feel this is quite a lot, but my dietician is really happy with it, I have been told to move on to mashed food at around 4 weeks post op if I can cope with it.

Bren

weight.png