Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just had my surgery yesterday (sept 30)

I everybody, just had my surgery yesterday. Came home, took my pain meds and rested. This morning I have been walking around the house, doing some work in my office, on the computer etc. still sore and on the pain meds. What should I expect over the next few days??? I go and see the Dr on Saturday Am. Does the pain let up soon??? Any advice from anyone what to do/not to do??? Thanks and look forward to hearing from you all!!! Joe in Ft Lauderdale

Congratulations!! I was banded 2 weeks today and I can honestly tell you that by day 4 I was feeling good. But day 6, I was feeling great!! I went back to work--light duty (I am a private nurse) but was really tired after a 4 hour shift. It is different for everyone...but except for getting used to my new port (which is right above my belly button and is where I lean and the steering wheel hits) I feel as good as it did before surgery!!

I everybody' date=' just had my surgery yesterday. Came home, took my pain meds and rested. This morning I have been walking around the house, doing some work in my office, on the computer etc. still sore and on the pain meds. What should I expect over the next few days??? I go and see the Dr on Saturday Am. Does the pain let up soon??? Any advice from anyone what to do/not to do??? Thanks and look forward to hearing from you all!!! Joe in Ft Lauderdale[/quote']

Take it easy and make sure to stay hydraterld. I felt pain by the second day. Started taking my pain meds and felt better by the 3 day. Also make sure to walk if you get gas pains. I also used an ice pack off and on.

I had bad pain in my chest and back...so I put a heating pad in the front and a larger one across my back. I am a nurse and knew what to expect, but wasn't prepared for the pain I was in. I treated myself like a baby with colic and it really helped out alot. I couldn't stand to take the liquid tylenol with codiene..yuk!!! So I told my Dr. about what I did and he was really impressed. I was walking and walking and walking, but still had the gas issue to deal with. But the heating pads helped .....good luck!! I went back to work full duty on Wed following my surgery the Thursday before.

Welcome to the other side!! I think the biggest thing you can do for yourself is have a good balance of rest and activity. I was banded Thursday and spent my weekend doing laundry, cooking for the kiddoes, got some time in on the treadmill and watched every red box movie I could. Being up definitely helped with the gas pains and resting definitely helped with everything else. I was back in full action today with no real issues. Just stay hydrated and don't force anything. Follow your surgeon and dietician orders and you'll breeze through. Get you a nice mixture of cold and warm liquids and just enjoy yourself. One more thing, get some mirilax and get things moving. That was a life saver!!! Congrats and good luck