Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

3 months, 53 pounds down!

I'm down 53 pounds in 3 mths, NO fills, not hungry, forget to eat alot. Have alot of trouble getting Protein in because im not hungry enough, even for the Protein Drinks. I've had major complications almost died 3 times still full of blood clots, nobody seems to know why, im under the care of so many doctors, I've had zero excersise because it is forbidden for me and I still have had success.. it can be done! Definitely happy. The lap band has been the least of my concerns with my other health issues but it is still reminding me that its in there by the results I see! :)

I'm down 53 pounds in 3 mths, NO fills, not hungry, forget to eat alot. Have alot of trouble getting Protein in because im not hungry enough, even for the Protein drinks. I've had major complications almost died 3 times still full of blood clots, nobody seems to know why, im under the care of so many doctors, I've had zero excersise because it is forbidden for me and I still have had success.. it can be done! Definitely happy. The lap band has been the least of my concerns with my other health issues but it is still reminding me that its in there by the results I see! :)

Congratulations on your success but I'm so sorry you're dealing with the blood clots.

Are your clots reoccurring or the same one growing larger/worse? Have you ever been clot free since the original one?

I too had life threatening blood clots and spent 8 days in the ICU 3 months ago. I no longer have clots because I had tPA (which was brutal) but I am having more testing. In fact, I go in tomorrow for a CT scan with contrast then I am having a 2 hour long venous study next week. I already have 4 stents in place but if I have any re-stenosis or scarring, they are talking about doing more angioplasty as a preventative (which doesn't please me at all).

I have never been clot free since day one. I have them in left leg and bilateral lungs, my lungs are "showered" w clots as the docs tell me. They all worsened plus, created new ones

I have never been clot free since day one. I have them in left leg and bilateral lungs, my lungs are "showered" w clots as the docs tell me. They all worsened plus, created new ones

My gosh, I can't even find the words to tell you how sorry I am. I won't lie, you are living my worst fear. I am terrified of getting another one having it wind up in my lungs.

I'm assuming you've been on both Heparin in-patient and Coumadin after discharge? Has your doctor considered any other treatments?

Wasn't done... created new ones while on blood thinners was rushed to a big city hospital they wanted to do thrombectomy where they suck the clots out I didn't want that. I also spent time in icu and 2 other visits in the hospital I now have 3 clots in my legs, one vein is completely occluded. They switched my thinner now ive been giving myself lovenox injections, im a nurse anyway.. I also get a ct scan more dopplers etc on Thursday this week to check the status of the clots. I've seem hematologist along with a cancer doc because alot of cancers cause unresolving blood clots. They did find a mass now that needs checked. Its been one thing after the other. My liver functions are extremely elevated, I barely have enough blood to sustain life so I was told, on meds for that, now lupus readings are high. Ongoing doctor visits. But im happy the weight loss is kinda somewhere along for the crazy ride...

Congrats on your success with the band and I hope your health issues are resolved quickly. Try drinking Protein Shots instead - they are only about 2.5 oz but are packed with 26g, you can make up a lot of ground with those even on the days you can't stand the thought of eating or drinking anything. They also come in 42g / 3.5 oz bottles. Either of those is great to fill in the blanks, I rely on them heavilly...and now the same for Unjury Unflavored Protein. I mix that in everything...for instance: today my lunch was a 1/3c. cottage cheese with a spalsh of peach punch for flavor and one scoop of unflavored protein - it was awesome, I managed 80 calories, 36g protein and I stayed full for 3.5 hours.

Wasn't done... created new ones while on blood thinners was rushed to a big city hospital they wanted to do thrombectomy where they suck the clots out I didn't want that. I also spent time in icu and 2 other visits in the hospital I now have 3 clots in my legs, one vein is completely occluded. They switched my thinner now ive been giving myself lovenox injections, im a nurse anyway.. I also get a ct scan more dopplers etc on Thursday this week to check the status of the clots. I've seem hematologist along with a cancer doc because alot of cancers cause unresolving blood clots. They did find a mass now that needs checked. Its been one thing after the other. My liver functions are extremely elevated, I barely have enough blood to sustain life so I was told, on meds for that, now lupus readings are high. Ongoing doctor visits. But im happy the weight loss is kinda somewhere along for the crazy ride...

I will definitely be keeping you in my prayers. Let us know what happens please! ((hugs))

Wow...you posted again while I was posting the last message. I'm going to say a prayer for you tonight before I go to bed. I really will...I just made a reminder on my phone so I wouldn't forget. Those are a lot of things to be concerned about. Since you are a nurse, you know the importance of positive thoughts and surrounding yourself with positive people. Don't allow anyone around that's going to feel sorry for you, only those who believe in your strength to overcome. I don't know you, but I'm sending those vibes your way now. You can overcome anything that comes against you, there is a power within that makes it possible. Find it, use it.

ShantelleElaine- you are an inspiration your upbeat tone even in the face of such adversity is amazing!

My heart goes out to you both! You are both such strong amazing women!!

You ladies ROCK!

Please take care of yourselves, and I hope everything comes back good for you both!

Congrats on your success with the band and I hope your health issues are resolved quickly. Try drinking Protein shots instead - they are only about 2.5 oz but are packed with 26g, you can make up a lot of ground with those even on the days you can't stand the thought of eating or drinking anything. They also come in 42g / 3.5 oz bottles. Either of those is great to fill in the blanks, I rely on them heavilly...and now the same for unjury Unflavored Protein. I mix that in everything...for instance: today my lunch was a 1/3c. cottage cheese with a spalsh of peach punch for flavor and one scoop of unflavored protein - it was awesome, I managed 80 calories, 36g protein and I stayed full for 3.5 hours.

Love ya PT!

I found those shots and they are the best! I was so tired and weak from lack of protein and I had no idea what was wrong with me. I had my PCP run all my blood work to find out and that was it! I wasn't taking in enough protein the shots are a great supplement and I'm feeling SOOO much better today after taking them. Thank you.

{{{HUGS}}} to all the great supportive people out there! You really help in so many ways just by being there, and being YOU!

Thanks to you all for such support! It's an ongoing battle but I'm not about to give up, when i started this journey I had the eye on the prize and still do! Just bumps in the road hopefully .. This is a fabulous support system, I appreciate all of you taking time to speak to me or say a prayer.hugs to all!

Love ya PT!

I found those shots and they are the best! I was so tired and weak from lack of Protein and I had no idea what was wrong with me. I had my PCP run all my blood work to find out and that was it! I wasn't taking in enough Protein the shots are a great supplement and I'm feeling SOOO much better today after taking them. Thank you.

{{{HUGS}}} to all the great supportive people out there! You really help in so many ways just by being there, and being YOU!

I'm soooooo glad you're feeling better Lisa!!! This is a great forum, full of positive people that truly want to help each other. There is no other like this and I'm so glad to be a part of it. {{{Big Hugs}}} right back to you honey!!! Keep up the good work.

Where do you guys get these Protein Shots? I definitely need to get them. The drinks fill me up to much! And not hungry enough to eat enough food...

Adding my prayers for Shantelle and Missy and their blood clots. That sounds like scary stuff, but I believe like PT and am sending positive thoughts and prayers your way too! Take care and let us know how it goes! :)

Wow...you posted again while I was posting the last message. I'm going to say a prayer for you tonight before I go to bed. I really will...I just made a reminder on my phone so I wouldn't forget. Those are a lot of things to be concerned about. Since you are a nurse' date=' you know the importance of positive thoughts and surrounding yourself with positive people. Don't allow anyone around that's going to feel sorry for you, only those who believe in your strength to overcome. I don't know you, but I'm sending those vibes your way now. You can overcome anything that comes against you, there is a power within that makes it possible. Find it, use it.[/quote']

Where do you find the Protein shots? Do they taste ok?