Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Can anyone have bread?

Hello, I have been mourning the loss of bread in my diet and I am wondering if there is anybody who can tolerate bread and what kind. Also, what about crackers?

Why are you mourning the loss of bread? Does it get stuck?

I eat bread all the time. I find toasted is easiest to eat but I can eat "normal" bread too if I go slow and carefully.

No.... in some of the paperwork I've seen from the Doc's office it said no bread, rice and etc. I am still 1.5 weeks post op and I am mourning anything that is not liquid but I was curious how others can tolerate bread. Can you eat a sandwich, burger or dinner roll. I definately want to avoid anything getting stuck when I start regular food. Also, I am plannin my hubby's b-day party in 3 weeks and I am planning the menu around what I can eat (little do they know),

Every time I eat bread it hurts so I've been kinda sad too lol. I haven't tried toasted maybe that's what I need to try

I can eat crackers just fine. I don't eat bread though, just my personal choice.

Every time I eat bread it hurts so I've been kinda sad too lol. I haven't tried toasted maybe that's what I need to try

i can have about 5 crackers. I can not do bread most can't/ Every "body" is different

Everyone is different, but I can have sandwiches, burgers, rolls, etc. Now, if the bread is TOO big, like a restaurant burger, I won't eat the top bun just the bottom. It's not that it'll get stuck it's just that I'll get full too fast and not enough Protein.

It's trial and error, really. You'll have to figure out what works for you after you're on regular food again.

I have had crackers and the sandwich thins... and english muffins (toasted) and toasted bread with no issues.. but it was in small amounts, such as half a sandwich thin or the bottom of an high Fiber english muffin... everyone is different when you are cleared by your Dr for bread, you'll need to see what your body can tolerate.

I eat bread but mostly in restaurants and eat the crusty parts not the doughy white stuff. Tonight I had my monthly support meeting and my dietitian is always at them. I had said I had a 1/2 a roll with the insides taken out for lunch with turkey and she doesn't approve of it because it turns to sugar. Every person and every dietitian is different. I have no problems with crackers at all.

Dense breads like sourdough, flour tortillas, and bread sticks from Olive Garden are the devil. :( Toasted breads go down just fine. Once you are on normal foods just take it slow and find out what your band will tolerate.

O the joy of bread.< /p>

Here's some food for thought:

Bandsters experiment with the following and find that one or the other is more helpful

1. Plain vs Toasted

2. Single slice vs double slice (and not folded in half, but literally one side of bread if its a sandwich

3. Pieces vs Bites (instead of taking a chomp out of a sandwich which automatically gives you a big bite, sometimes we dissect the sandwich...eat a bit of turkey, than some Tomato than a small bite of bread...literally fork and knife it)

4. Soft bread vs Hard bread (like white bread vs pumperknicklel or bagel etc)

We try a million different ways to see if bread will go down. Most likely one of these may work or will get you at least the taste of bread. However, most bandsters tend to veer away from it as it can get stuck easily. Personally I think we get stuck because the bread is usually a sandwich or burger etc and the larger bites is preventing us from chewing appropriately.

I agree hazel now when I go out I just ask for the meat instead of the whole thing lol... Some look at me weird but I don't see the sense in wasting bread...just might as well not use it. I use to love sandwiches but now it just seems easier to leave the bread alone (because its a hassle and hurts not because I want to) and just eat them meat. Bread was my biggest enemy though...I'm kind of glad it gets stuck.

As long as I pay attention to taking small bites, I can eat bread just fine. There's really nothing I can think of that I can't eat. Anytime anything's gotten stuck, it's because I'm eating too fast, and not paying attention to taking small bites.

Hello' date=' I have been mourning the loss of bread in my diet and I am wondering if there is anybody who can tolerate bread and what kind. Also, what about crackers?[/quote']

I can eat Anything, bread, chicken, rice, Pasta, pizza crust. I limit it, but no problem.once a really dry faccasicia (spell?) was kinda rough going down, but it wasa super dry bread