Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

UPDATE: After Postponing Surgery

Hey Everyone,

If you were unaware of the situation basically I was supposed to have lap band on August 26th but a week in to my strict liquid pre-op diet I found the strenght to control my eating on my own so I post poned the surgery indefinetely. Majority of the members of this forum told me I shouldn't have post poned my surgery because I'd just end up gaining the weight back and needing surgery regardless.

The week of that pre-op diet I actually lost 22 pounds and was 351lbs (started at 373), after I made the decision I started watching my portions and my decisions but actually gained 5 pounds back (356)... Immediately I thought "what the hell did I do?" but I didn't let that lose my focus and I understood this was a marathon not a race. Glad to say a week later I was back down to 351 and I scratched that 5 pounds to my body just going from eating absolutely nothing to something(literally didn't eat anything for the preop diet) and Water weight gain.

Now that I'm a month in from this journey (started the preop diet on August 12) I do not have any urgers to binge eat at meals like I used to. I'm not even thinking of ordering that big lunch I used to have I'm always thinking SMALL SMALL SMALL. I had a cheat day on Sunday (football day) but my cheat day was nothing compared to what I used to do on a regular sunday! I found this will power and I'm pretty happy with my decision right now. This morning was my weight in day and I came in at 349, my first time under 350 in over a year which makes me happy. Of course the weight loss isn't going to be as fast as it would be with the lap band, but the ability to know I'm really doing this on my own (i used to only do pills for weight loss) is really uplifting.

Thanks to all those who were supportive, still have a long way to go.

I wish you the best of luck and much success!! Way to go!!

This is a start of strict dieting. You should really think LB and go do it. WE can all lose weight and appear tyo have a handle on it but it's usually temporary at best. Look back and see what has happened in the past. Lose, gain, lose, gain.

Best wishes

This is a start of strict dieting. You should really think LB and go do it. WE can all lose weight and appear tyo have a handle on it but it's usually temporary at best. Look back and see what has happened in the past. Lose, gain, lose, gain.

Best wishes

Glad that I don't have you in my support group haha ... Don't paint with such a broad brush. I'm not strict dieting, I'm not doing something that is uncomfortable, and I'm actually keeping a diet past 2 weeks which I've never done. Also I never actually dieted before everytime I attempted to lose weight it was with weight loss pills, never have I actually controlled my portions.

Best wishes!

I do wish u the best of look, as I do with all my dieting buddies... However I can't help but be a little frustrated with your post...

Is it not the case with most lap band cases that the person has no problem loosing the weight?, (in fact many saying they have lost and regained 100lb plus a few times over)

Had you not tried dieting yourself before booking in for a lab band?

Again I do wish you the best of luck, but please don't see yourself as an elitist (doing this by yourself) banders are not cheats nor is it easy. Be careful how you word your posts a this is a lab band forum after all...

Maybe post in 6 months hay, give us an update then!

I do wish u the best of look, as I do with all my dieting buddies... However I can't help but be a little frustrated with your post...

Is it not the case with most lap band cases that the person has no problem loosing the weight?, (in fact many saying they have lost and regained 100lb plus a few times over)

Had you not tried dieting yourself before booking in for a lab band?

Again I do wish you the best of luck, but please don't see yourself as an elitist (doing this by yourself) banders are not cheats nor is it easy. Be careful how you word your posts a this is a lab band forum after all...

Maybe post in 6 months hay, give us an update then!

I've been very active on these forums before the lap band and through the process so I don't look down on anyone, you may be reading my messages in a negative tone to which they are not written. I don't appreciate people blatantly telling me I should just get LB because I'm going to gain it back. I don't think I'm an elitist at all, I just want to show everyone what the process of getting lap band ended up doing to me (giving me a strenght to attempt it on my own again). I always said if this didn't work I'd get lap band, but in the past I never did a diet or watched what I ate, I never had the motivation. The process of the lap band made me find that motivation.

I wish you the best, also. Come back monthly and let us know how you're doing...

I applaud your effort and hope you are the one who will be successful.. I know from my past experience I lost 60 lbs and regained 75.. I am not sure why the band works except the restriction allows me to feel satisfied and in control so I know it has kept me at 50 lbs loss with no gains... I truly hope you come back and let us know how you are doing..

I wish you all of the luck and I hope for you that you are one of the rare, great ones who can succeed completely on their own, reach their goals and beat the odds.

I think you are doing great. I also had lap band booked but had to post pone due to some other issues. Since then I have started eating healthier and I wouldn't even call it dieting because I still treat myself and I have lost 20.5 pounds. I was starting to have cold feet with the lap band when I had to post pone it and now I'm glad I did. I'm not naive enough to say that this time it will work for sure but for now it's working and I feel great. All the negative postings and complications that I have read on this forum had me thinking twice but since I did postpone the surgery I am ok with my decision. Keep up the good work and I look forward to reading your updates on your weight loss. Prove to everyone that willpower can go a long way!