Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

days off work

Everyone I am scheduled on May 25th a Wednesday. I am supposed to go back to work on the following Tuesday. Is that realistic?

How much time off did you take off??

What do you do?

I answer to a two year old and was holding my own a week later, as good as new in a month.

Desk job? It is probably realistic, if you are a professional bender-over-er, like a gardener or a preschool teacher, you may need a month.

I had surgery on Friday and was back at work on Tuesday. I'm a 3rd grade teacher and I did ok. If your work is flexible, plan on going back on Tuesday and just see how you feel. Don't push it if it's not necessary. I had originally planned on going back on Monday, but changed my mind Monday morning. I knew I needed one more day of rest. Everyone is different so listen to your body.

Murphles

Sounds very realistic, depending on what you do. I was banded lasted Tuesday, and going back to work on Monday (I'm a desk jockey). My doc said absolutely! I could go back to work on Monday.

I am ready to return tomorrow, however, if I get too tired, I may leave a little early.

This seems to vary greatly. I was fortunate to be able to work a half day the day after surgery and full days after that. However, I work in an office.

Depends on your job...I'm an administrative assistant and took a week off. Then I worked 2 half days before starting back full time. That worked well.

Emily

I was banded on a Wednesday and scheduled to go back on Tuesday, but just couldn't! I was too weak. I went in the following day. It made the world of a difference! There is no way to know for sure, but I needed a week.

I am a teacher and took off a week. I was banded on a Wednesday and back at work the following Thursday & Friday. I was definitely more tired than normal but managed fine, and felt almost 100% by Monday.

Like most of the others, I needed a full week. I had no energy and my port area was extremely tender.

I was banded on Tuesday and returned to work on Monday. The first day was a bit rough. It was hard to "get back into normal life". But, I felt OK the next day and I think it actually helped my healing process to get back into the swing of things. I also have a desk job so if your job requires lifting or bending I may suggest taking a little more time off. Good luck!

I also was banded on Tuesday, and returned to Monday (today). I couldn't stay the whole day. I got tired, and started to hurt. Also in places that hadn't hurt before. I came home early afternoon, took drugs, and slept for 3 hours:notagree . I just got up and feel pretty good now. I'll try it again tomorrow.

I'm a Massage therapist- had surgery on a Tuesday went back to work the next Monday; 2 half days then full - only 1/2 hour massages thou. Work in pt clinic so there are other things to do- also no lifting over 25# for the first 4 weeks- but who can do that? Dirty laundry is heavier than that. :rolleyes