Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The Nutritionalists told me to either drink beet juice or I could buy beet capsules. I can't find either! I did find some beet powder at Sprouts that you mix with Water. I would definitely prefer to do the capsules if I can.

I have been Dx with an enlarged liver long before starting this process and its a huge concern that I'll wake from the surgery and I won't be banded!

I have tried milk thistle and lemon Water. What else can I try?!

Thanks in advance for any help!

Are you on a pre-op diet? For me, that was enough just following the pre-op diet.

Not yet my surgery won't be until September. They actually already have me penciled in for Sept 27! I was told to do a couple weeks of the pre op diet prior to my last insurance required appointment (Aug 19) I gained almost 10lbs and need to get back down to my starting weight :(

My primary doctor gave me the best advice possible. I started Protein Shakes on May 3 2013. For two weeks, I replaced one meal a day with a Protein Shake. At the start of the third week, I went to two shakes a day and one meal. I had no Snacks in between, just Water. From May 30 to June 3 I was on vacation, so for five days, I ate whatever whenever (my last pig out session.) The surgeon and I assumed my approval letter from insurance would come in around the time I came back from vacation but things didn't work out that way. So back to the shakes twice a day until June 26. On the June 26, I went to Protein shakes only every three hours ( the actual pre op two week diet). I was banded on July 10, and I seem to be recovering remarkably well so says others banded before me.

I would suggest checking Amazon or another discount vitamin/supplement site. I bet you can get them very reasonable (the capsules or something). I, too, had a slightly enlarged liver and had no problem with following the pre-op diet I was fine at surgery. :)

Thank you all for your advise! I just ordered some beet root capsules on Amazon

Maybe mix some unflavored Protein Powder in with borscht? My personal opinion but I think the body can absorb nutrient better closer to their whole form... So a cold beet Soup could be refreshing, beneficial for the liver, and possibly be a Meal Replacement if you add some Protein. Good luck!