Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Interesting article on various aerobic exercises

Here's an interesting article that talks about various different types of aerobic exercise.....of course from the authors point of view. A good read. I believe the one you will continue to do is the best.....As always, YMMV.

http://drsimpson.net..._comparison.htm

Here's an interesting article that talks about various different types of aerobic exercise.....of course from the authors point of view. A good read.

http://drsimpson.net..._comparison.htm

this was interesting..i like this guys webpage

i read trying to find my step aerobics on that list and where it talked about but didnt see it...but i guess as long as i am moving....that is what counts

this was interesting..i like this guys webpage

i read trying to find my step aerobics on that list and where it talked about but didnt see it...but i guess as long as i am moving....that is what counts

Towards the bottom part of the article....:

"Aerobic Dance...or calisthenics done to your favorite music

Some of the fittest people use aerobic dance because it's fun. Don't think it is easy though...."

Towards the bottom part of the article....:

Aerobic Dance...or calisthenics done to your favorite music

Some of the fittest people use aerobic dance because it's fun. Don't think it is easy though.

is step aerobics the same as dance?? if so, i am doing good :)

You're doing Great! It talks about instructors adding steps to the aerobic "dance".

its a work out that is for sure

lift knees higher, lift arms higher, slow/controlled motions....45 min of moving in oxygen (love it)..who would have thunk that of me in my green sweater on my profile picture....

Excellent article. Thank you very much for posting.

Here's a bit more quoted from this.....

"Einstein didn't think he was intelligent, because as his intellect expanded so did his ability to comprehend how much there is to know. Exercise works the same way. As you become fit, you become more aware of higher standards of fitness. Identifying yourself in the scale of being fit can be the cause of depression that will cause you to quit. You must not think about a future state of fitness you want to obtain. You must only think of physical motion in the moment. You must develop sets of physical motion without setting a goal of obtainment. You just do it as a ritual. You don't think about the time involved. You don't become over exhilarated. You just do it."

I agree, great article! "Running alone is the most euphoric meditative thing you can do." Love this.

I agree, great article! "Running alone is the most euphoric meditative thing you can do." Love this.

Evidently they have never had a Road Bike :P

Cool, according to this, I have never had a "true" aerobic workout...I have some Garmin data that would disagree with that :o How about you CF? You ready to stop dogging it and trade your road bike in for an elliptical trainer? I think I will post this over on bikeforums.net and see if they have an opinion. :lol:

"It is very difficult to get a consistent true aerobic workout using a bicycle. One reason for this is because a bicycle freewheels. It can roll for long periods with no energy applied. If you ride uphill you get exercise. If you ride downhill you get very little exercise. Another reason is that It takes too much time for most people. I estimate you would have to do about 20-35 miles on a mountain bike, 35-60 miles on a comfort bike, and over 70 miles on a road bike. "

I'm thinking when we get to an AVG HR in the 140-150 range for 60-180 minutes, it should suffice as aerobic. :)

I couldn't ride an elliptical machine...NO SADDLE!!

I enjoyed this article! Thank you for sharing. I have been doing the "power walking" and I actually own a very high quality elliptical trainer but I have only used it a handful of times in the 16 months I've owned it. Maybe after reading this article I will give it another go!

I agree 100%...well, one of the most euphoric things you can do...