Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Tomorrow is my first appointment!!!

Ugh you guys I'm so nervous. Tomorrow I go in at 8:30 I'm the morning to talk to the doctor about weight loss surgery. I've been a little confused on what one to get now tho. I've researched all 4 and two seem to be the best but I wanna pick the perfect one.

Also I've been hearing that ill be automatically qualified due to me BMI which is 43.9 and also because I have PCOS, acid reflux. And that weight problems (obesity), heart problems, diabetes and strokes and great attacks run in my family as well.

I also took online test (multiple) to see if I am a candidate, which I answered 100% honestand everyone said I was. Same with all the videos I watched that help you decide which surgery is best and if you qualify. (which were made by offical doctors) and everything says I qualify 100%

My insurance also does cover in full for the surgery if I qualify and if I have a BMI between 35-40 I'd have to go threw 6mons of weight loss thing and if its 40 or above I don't have to.

Ugh I just don't wanna get my hopes up just incase I don't get coverage or qualified :,( I can't sleep at all my mind is going crazy!!!

Good luck! It was hard for me to decide also. I have wanted to do this for a long time and I finally have insurance that will take care of it. I did alot of research on what surgery would be the best for me and finally decided to do the lapband because it is reversable and has the least complications, it seems. I feel like with the others, once something is cut and thrown away, it's gone forever, lol.

I was also nervous about my first visit and was upset when I found out that it would be 6-7mths before I could have the lapband done because of hoops I had to jump thru for the insurance company. But I got over it and have been doing all that they have asked because I want this real bad.

Keep us posted, good luck!

Good luck! It was hard for me to decide also. I have wanted to do this for a long time and I finally have insurance that will take care of it. I did alot of research on what surgery would be the best for me and finally decided to do the lapband because it is reversable and has the least complications' date=' it seems. I feel like with the others, once something is cut and thrown away, it's gone forever, lol.

I was also nervous about my first visit and was upset when I found out that it would be 6-7mths before I could have the lapband done because of hoops I had to jump thru for the insurance company. But I got over it and have been doing all that they have asked because I want this real bad.

Keep us posted, good luck![/quote']

That's a main reason lapband is my top choice, I like the idea that its reversible and is a low risk surgery, having a young son definitely is pushing me toward that but I wanna do the one that best for me based on my weight problems and with how I eat food. And I think I might be someone who needs more of a push and idk if lapband will give me enough push to help me. You know what I mean.

And wow 7mons that's so long to wait you were probably going crazy waiting hon. Ugh I hope my insurance dont do that to me. Hopefully they'll look at all the weight help my other doctors tried with me that failed and things will go by faster.

Hi dream, best of luck. i chose band for same reason. I liked that is was reversible in case of complications. I didnt like the idea of cutting away anything. You will do great. And if you have any questions or concerns we are here for you.

Hey! I had the surgery yesterday! I talked to my doc back in December. I worried about all the same things you are. And the process seems to take forever but I would encourage you to use the time to really work on you and how you will live post band. I had a lot of time for introspection and now I am grateful for it! I felt mentally and emotionally prepared. The decision to pursue weight loss surgery is a difficult decision to make and I wanted it done quick! :) My advice is to embrace the process. Good luck! I hope it all goes well!

good for you! before you know it you will be having surgery...

Ugh you guys I'm so nervous. Tomorrow I go in at 8:30 I'm the morning to talk to the doctor about weight loss surgery. I've been a little confused on what one to get now tho. I've researched all 4 and two seem to be the best but I wanna pick the perfect one.

Also I've been hearing that ill be automatically qualified due to me BMI which is 43.9 and also because I have PCOS, acid reflux. And that weight problems (obesity), heart problems, diabetes and strokes and great attacks run in my family as well.

I also took online test (multiple) to see if I am a candidate, which I answered 100% honestand everyone said I was. Same with all the videos I watched that help you decide which surgery is best and if you qualify. (which were made by offical doctors) and everything says I qualify 100%

My insurance also does cover in full for the surgery if I qualify and if I have a BMI between 35-40 I'd have to go threw 6mons of weight loss thing and if its 40 or above I don't have to.

Ugh I just don't wanna get my hopes up just incase I don't get coverage or qualified :,( I can't sleep at all my mind is going crazy!!!

No worries...you qualify and I don't think there is any insurance company that will turn you down based on your BMI alone.