Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Is anybody home?

I stumbled on the Fifties area and find that all the posts are at least a month old. . . what happened to all the 50's banders?

Hi Rosie. I'm not a fifties bandster, but I do love the music. Lol. I'm new to this site and I noticed alot of groups had only old posts too. I guess we're gonna have to jump start this site again.

I read newly written one twice a day not sure where u r going when u come into the site.

I'm a fifty bandster (exactly)! Happy to resurrect the post. I was banded 2/1 and have lost 23 lbs post surgery. Having a surprisingly comfortable time with it. No "bandster Hell" as of yet and I've only had 1 fill of 3 cc's. Question I have for some further down the road - post surgery my port felt like it was within 1/2" of the lg. incision. After healing it now feels a couple of inches higher. Not sure if what I originally felt was just after effects of swelling or if its moved? 2 wks ago at my fill I asked my surgeon if it had flipped or something as it took him a few minutes to find it/position the needle and he told me I was reading too much! LOL!

Hi LIne. I see alot of new posts on here. And alot of replys. It's in some of the groups where I dont see alot of recent posts. I looked up a Long Island group and there were none. I looked up a different group and the most recent post was from two years ago.

I stumbled on the Fifties area and find that all the posts are at least a month old. . . what happened to all the 50's banders?

Hey, I'm here!

I'm glad to see everyone on here. Line-Dancer, I see current posts on other threads, just not this one. Draven, I like the 50's music, too, though I wasn't born when it was popular. My folks played so much of it that I came to love it, too. 60's as well, when I was a kid.

50for50, glad to hear you didn't experience bandster hell, which I'm still not sure I understand anyway. I'll be banded on March 19th - just 6 more days!! - and I still feel like there is so much I ►don't◄ know.

I quit coming here a long time ago because there was not much on here. But I will check in now more often:)

Sent from my iPad using LapBandTalk

I quit coming here a long time ago because there was not much on here. But I will check in now more often:)

Glad to see you here. You're doing marvelous, aren't you? Love the before and after (ongoing) pics!

I'm here! I'd like to see this thread become more active also!

A little about me - surgery 2/1/13. No pre-op diet required. My Dr says he only requires them for people he feels will struggle with dietary compliance, seems like every Dr is different.

I've lost 31 lbs so far and have been lucky to have very little hunger from day 1. I've also not has any alcohol since January - tough as the hubby and I own a liquor store/deli/catering operation and wine and food tasting are part of the job!

I have 3 kids - a son who is married with a 2 yr old of his own, a daughter graduating college in May, and a 14 yr old daughter. My surgery coincided with my son and his family moving into their own apartment (they had lived with us for 2 yrs) and honestly, this has been the biggest help in my weight loss journey! Love them all but the stress of 7 ppl in the house was not good for me.

Prior to surgery I was diagnosed with knee issues - arthritis and a meniscus tear. While waiting for knee surgery I developed a blood clot in the leg which scared me. While dealing with that, my decision to have the surgery was cemented - I just had to deal with the 3 denials from insurance! Finally got that resolved in early December.

Other than the obvious appearance changes, I am very hopeful that the weight loss will help my knee arthritis/pain.

I look forward to hearing other people's stories!

50for50, you will do great. Sorry about all the problems u had. But now your on your way to a whole new life!!! The only regret I have about being banded is that I hadn't done it sooner!!! Don't know why I waited so long. I love my band and especially since I have lost 50 lbs since 12-12-12. I'm have more energy now and so much happier about things. I can walk without gripping, I can tie my shoes without getting out of breath, and just in general I'm LOVIN life!!! Good luck and glad your doing well !!!

I've lost 31 lbs so far and have been lucky to have very little hunger from day 1. I've also not has any alcohol since January - tough as the hubby and I own a liquor store/deli/catering operation and wine and food tasting are part of the job!

Nice to meet you! Your weight loss so far is inspiring. I understand your unique challenges, with a business like yours. My husband and I owned a food truck - I don't know if I could embark on this journey if we still operated it. Too many temptations.

My story: Turned 51 last year and was disgusted (again!) that I had not reached my weight loss goals for another year. Lose 30/gain 35. Hate that cycle. I had been thinking about lapband but the cost issue was a concern. Did some investigating and found that my insurance covered the band and bypass. Bypass wasn't an option for me at all - too much cutting and removing for my liking. Found a surgeon in my area and began the process. Unfortunately, I relied too much on their 'expertise' in insurance processing and found that I could have had the surgery two months earlier than I did since my carrier doesn't require a pre-auth. I was disgusted, angry at the office insurance person, and almost decided to go with another type of surgery/surgeon altogether. Realized I was just panicking and needed to calm down, go on the path I original set. Banded 3/19 and still in the post-op special diet my doc requires.

I have six children, two grandchildren, and my husband and I live hours from them all. We love them all but we're also loving our new life without them under foot all the time. We moved to a retirement community two years ago and have become active in all the events and fun things here. My husband is a disabled Vietnam Vet, does not drive, and depends on me for quite a bit every day. I no longer work but to take care of him every day.

I am also a full-time student, trying to FINALLY finish a college degree I've been working on for more than 30 years. I will graduate in December then off to graduate school. I'm preparing for the day when I may need to go back to work, if that day ever comes.

Life is an adventure every day .