Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So that's what feeling restriction is!

Oh my word! I thought I was feeling some restriction up until now, but I could eat faster than I should and I wasn't having to take tiny bites to get things down. I got a third fill on Tuesday, did fluids for 48 hours, then mushies for a day. Tonight I had roasted chicken and steamed broccoli and felt like I tried to kill myself!

I ate about 1/2 cup at what I thought was a slow enough speed and chewed like crazy, but felt like it was all going to come right back up. It finally settled down after a few minutes, but I can see that I am finally going to really have to make the chewing and slowing down much more concentrated than I have up to now!

Not sure if this is the green zone yet, but I think it is much closer now. Fingers crossed!

I would think hat you are in the green zone. But, don't be afraid to ask for a slight unfill if you have too much restriction. Too much restriction will put you in the "red zone". Best wishes

Thanks. I will see how I do over the weekend and hopefully won't need an unfill. Funny how much it can change! Now I feel like I might start losing again. I had been stuck for so long on this plateau, I've forgotten what that feels like.

I had a fill two days ago and I feel exactly the same as you tiggergramma. I was wondering how are you doing now almost two weeks after?

I still have restriction, though not quite as much, but more importantly, I am not having so much head hunger! That is huge! I will go in again in 2 weeks and may need just a little bit of a fill then, but so far so good. I have lost another couple of pounds finally, after having been on a plateau for almost 2 months!

I still have restriction, though not quite as much, but more importantly, I am not having so much head hunger! That is huge! I will go in again in 2 weeks and may need just a little bit of a fill then, but so far so good. I have lost another couple of pounds finally, after having been on a plateau for almost 2 months!

When you feel as though you should stop, then stop....it's not necessarily a full feeling, more of "I don't feel like continuing" (mental more than physical) also, if you're not hungry, don't push it....just worry about the Protein when you do eat, and always drink Water.....

That is how it works for me....learn to listen to your band.....

Those are the lessons I am trying to establish as habits now. They are becoming easier to follow, most days. I still have trouble with foods that really taste good, but I am learning that it is better to let a few bites go than to stuff them in!

Did u ever feel a lump in your stomach I just had the surgery 2/26/13 and I have a lump a size of an egg can you advise if this is notmal

Does it feel close to the skin and hard? If so, that is probably your port. It is sewn into the muscle and will feel like a hard lump. You should be seeing your surgeon at 1 week post op, right? Be sure to ask him if that is where he placed it.

@Doingitwithlap, I had my surgery over 2 years ago and at times, yes, I feel that little lump. It is your port and it is very normal to feel it. Nothing to worry about. Just don't do any sit-ups or other strenuous activity for the next month or so. Good luck on your journey.

@triggergramma It has been over two years since my surgery and I still forget to chew as I should. When you lose the weight, you definitely have more room to eat bigger portions of food, but when you get that fill, OMG, you remember very quickly to chew, chew, chew. Yes, make sure you continue to eat smaller portions. I had my band filled last week and I am finally feeling the same restriction that you are talking about. I was like you too, several months of not losing but I have finally lost the two to three pounds in just a few days that I was trying to lose for several months. I would suggest not having the solution taken out unless you are throwing up or you can't eat at least 1/2 cup of food. If you are eating a 1/2 cup just fine, then you are on the right track.

I can't imagine having any of the Fluid taken out, at least not yet...in fact, I think I will need a little bit more at my next visit. Since the last one, things have relaxed a little bit again.

That's great Triggermamma

Hi all. I just got a fill a week ago. liquids and mushy went down no problem. Solid foods were impossible. I'm trying to really concentrate on bite size now. But Very very little solids seem to do down resulting in a lot of having it come right back up. I'm wondering if this isn't what you guys are talking about. My doctor said to try two days of liquid only again, than two days of soft. Than retry solids again really concentrating on bite size. But will admit, I'm a little nervous.

Hi Draven, I think if you follow what your doctor suggests, you will be fine. I think we have all been through that and come back out okay. Good luck.