Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Slim Fast, Low Carb Protein Drink

As you all know I am still out to find a Protein drink/shake that I can tolerate without feeling sick. There are too many to count what I bought, this is just another attempt to get in more protein.

I ordered more drinks and protein candy bars, just waiting for them to come in through the mail, and I will post results once they arrived and I have tested them. I found these at walmart.com site on sale.

This is a 4 pack, creamy chocolate - It taste very good chilled, I just drank it so I am waiting to see how I feel later on. I will posts once I get all the Protein Bars in as well. I like the fact its got a great amount of protein and is super low carb/calories. Its also packed with nutrients, another plus. I am not following the slim fast diet, this is just for a source of protein and will be used with a meal or as a replacement.

See pictures below....

post-326501-13813140885127_thumb.jpg

post-326501-13813140885344_thumb.jpg

I drink one of these shakes every morning for Breakfast and they are awesome. I place it in the freezer for about 10 min before drinking - almost like a milk shake. I tried the bars this week and wasn't impressed, but the shakes are most excellent!!

Patty

Because my Dr is a firm believer that after liquids we do not need protien shakes if we eat right I worry that you are wasting 200 calories of your coveted total on something which will not fill you up....

This shake offers 1 gram of protien for ever 20 calories... where as other foods would be higher and fill you up more... for example

Turkey Breast 1g Protein per 4.5 calories

Fish (Tuna, Salmon, Halibut) 1g Protein per 4.5 calories

cheese (Low-fat Mozzarella / Cottage Cheese) 1g protein per 4.7 calories

Pork Loin (Chops) 1g protein per 5.2 calories

Lean Beef and Veal (Low Fat) 1g protein per 5.3 calories

Tofu 1g protein per 7.4 calories

Beans (Mature Soy Beans) 1g protein per 10.4 calories

eggs (Especially Egg Whites)1g protein per 12 calories

1 Egg White (33g) provides 4g protein, 1g protein to 4.4 calories.

Yogurt, Milk, and Soymilk 1g protein per 18 calories

Nuts and Seeds 1g protein per 15.8 calories

I am not saying dont drink them... I just wanted to offer an alternative :)

Hi Floridays,

I am such the odd duck when it comes to the band. That is why I have to work harder at this. My calories are too low, my Protein not there yet. I can eat most of my food early part of the day, as the day goes on I am too full to put anything in my belly. Thats why as soon as I wake up I eat as much as I can. My band is the opposite as the rest, I get tighter as the day goes on, lose when I am up. (so odd).

Because my calories are low, (800 a day) my surgeon feels a Protein Drink would be beneficial for me, not only for calories, but for the Protein as well. Now that I am exercising more now, I am super low on calories at the end of the day. Its just not enough! If I can get just one Protein Drink a day, I will be okay.

I ordered low carb protein bars, i am waiting for them to come in the mail to test them out.

Thank you for the list, I do eat many things on that list, especially eggs I eat egg whites every day. I actually enjoy eating them. See, where most people can't tolerate eggs, I can LOLOL

BTW, my surgeon only wants his patients 'eating' their Proteins, not drinking them too! but because I am 'special' we are trying to figure things out to get all my nutrients in.

I went for my monthly check-up yesterday and that is exactly what my Dr. told me!! I thought I was doing the right thing by replacing a meal with slim fast drinks because I love them, but in fact, I was hungry not too much after I drank them and should have eaten an egg, turkey sausage patty and a half piece of toast. I tried that this morning and it was alot better. I really feel like I have eaten something!! Just a thought!!! I found out I was trying to make good choices and I wasn't at all. For example: My husband and I ate at Mcallisters, he ate half a sandwich and half bake potato, I ate a cup of Soup. My Dr. said I should have eaten what he ate because my soup went right through me with empty calories. (meat on the sandwich without the bread) We also went to eat at my favorite seafood place, I ate a cup of gumbo, he ate a salad, fish, and shrimp. She said I should have eaten the salad and fish!!!! Needless to say I was devastated knowing I thought I was eating good and wasn't!!!!

Patty this is the first that I have heard about the band being tighter or lose throughout the day!!! Didn't know anything about this could you tell me what you've heard and your experiences??

on my first nut visit, she told me to stay away from ensure (insure) and slim fast....so i have...it looks like it tastes good though. i use whey extreme from Walmart in chocolate....drink one every morning.

your doing great pattygirl. sososo proud of you.

As you can see I am a Newbie so anyone that has some inspiration, tips, motivation, and shared experiences would be appreciated!!! I don't feel like I am losing enough with my surgery. I am under alot of pressure because I had to pay the 12 K's for my surgery and I want to do the very best that I can!!

on my first nut visit, she told me to stay away from ensure (insure) and slim fast....so i have...it looks like it tastes good though. i use whey extreme from Walmart in chocolate....drink one every morning.

CG, you purchased several Protein bars... were they good?

As you can see I am a Newbie so anyone that has some inspiration, tips, motivation, and shared experiences would be appreciated!!! I don't feel like I am losing enough with my surgery. I am under alot of pressure because I had to pay the 12 K's for my surgery and I want to do the very best that I can!!

You are going to do great! the best thing about the band is that it really works, but you have to help it to! so important why we all must listen to our bodies of what it wants, needs. I need more calories and Protein, so I am working on that. Very important to get in as much nutrients as you can. As you can see by many of out tickers we are all successful on having lapband surgery.

Keep on this site, you will be so happy you did because there is nothing better than support. We are all here for you.....

Proud of you too CG (hugs)

CG, you purchased several Protein bars... were they good?

oh yeah, hub is awesome at finding me ones.

i mentioned most of them on my blogs (some are better than others) revolution (in a yellow wrapper) is a great one (at walmart)..aj loves this one

very filling, i break them into pieces and take a bite throughout the day if i am hungry....some are 20+ Proteins per bar..def worth trying.

Patty this is the first that I have heard about the band being tighter or lose throughout the day!!! Didn't know anything about this could you tell me what you've heard and your experiences??

I can only speak of my personal experiences with the lapband. Best decision I have ever made in my life! I am only 5 months out and already almost down 90 lbs. This has changed my life so much from where I was months ago. My band is empty (no fill), but I still have restriction. You will read from others their experiences are very similar to eachother, some a little different. But at the end of the day we all have one thing in common, that is the band. It will work for you, you will learn so much about yourself and your band as you progress. Remembering the band is a tool, but if you help this tool it will help you to acheive your goals.

Any specific questions, ask away......

oh yeah, hub is awesome at finding me ones.

i mentioned most of them on my blogs (some are better than others) revolution (in a yellow wrapper) is a great one (at walmart)..aj loves this one

very filling, i break them into pieces and take a bite throughout the day if i am hungry....some are 20+ Proteins per bar..def worth trying.

I purchased a few from walmart.com.. waiting for them to ship and will post if they are good (crossing fingers). I saw the revolution ones, I was sooo going to buy it!