Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Looking For Some Guidance

Hello Everyone

I am new to this site I was banded August 9th of this year i'm getting very disouraged. On the liquid diet before the surgery I lost about 13 lbs since then I've had 3 fills going for another one on Thurday and I've only lost about 5 more lbs. I'm so discouraged at this point I'm not sure if this is a normal weight loss or not. I'm still hungry I've gone to eating more of an Atkins type diet with more Protein less carbs but I really don't know if this is helping or not I'm so tired all the time and frustrated that the scale has not moved. I'm looking for any advice is what's going on with me normal or not I feel I should be down more than I am now

Please any input would be geatly appreciated

Thanks

mercedes

What's a typical day like for you eating wise? are you exercising ?

A typical day for me is to get up at 5:30 get ready for work and leave the house by 6:30

I usually have some greak yogurt and about 3 ounces of Protein for Breakfast my lunch usually consists of chicken salad about a cup to a cup and a half and dinner is usually some protein with a salad. I do not get much exercise by the time i get home get supper ready do the dishes and laundry I'm usually exhauseted I get home from work about 5 pm and then my family life begins. I'm just having a real hard time fitting exercise into my daily routine. My work is sitting at a computer all day very stressful ugh any help please

I could write a book in answer to your post. But wait! I did write a book!

But seriously...None of us here are medical professionals, and we don't know enough about you (your weight, your BMI, your health, medical conditions, medications, hormonal status, etc. etc.) to advise you. I think you need to talk to your surgeon (or whoever does fills) at your appointment this week. Say something like, "I'm disappointed by my weight loss so far. What can we do to take it up a notch?"

About exercise...lots of people struggle to balance work and family and other responsibilities and still find time to exercise. I think you have to make an appointment with yourself to do it, just like you'd make (and keep) a medical appointment. Or find a workout buddy and make a date to exercise together. Even if all you do is walk for 5 minutes several times a day (then for 10 minutes, then 15, and so on), you'll be better off than you were before. And if your job is stressful, you may just find (as I do) that exercise is excellent stress relief.

Jean

Every person is different I would encourage you to check out other methods other than Atkins. For me what works is counting calories, I never though I could or would, but I have for 3 months now. I use myfitnesspal and a fitbit (pedometer on steroids ;) ) I log my calories each day and my exercise. I try to keep my calories about 1200. So far I have lost 37 lbs in 3.5 months.

This is what works for me, it may work for you to. Look at all the advice everyone gives you and glean a little from everyone and create a mercedes diet plan. As my dietician told me for me to be succesful I had to create a Kim diet plan for it to click and stick.

You are way to early in the game to get discouraged.

Add extra steps in your day if you can't work out- dance around the kitchen while cooking. You would be shocked how good it will make you feel. I turn on my favortive music when I cook and I dance around while fixing dinner. My hubs thinks it's so funny, but hey it burns more calories and puts me in a good mood.