Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Psych Evaluation...

Relax. I was nervous too. But don't worry, the eveluation consist of 2 parts, written and oral.

What the psychologist wants to know is that you understand this is a major lifestyle change.

You understand this is a tool and not a quick fix. That you have to work with the band and not let the band do all the work. Excercise and good eating habits are important too.

Quick tip: Don't rush thru the written questions. They will ask you the same question over and over again just to confuse you. No rush. There's no right or wrong answer.

If you have done your homework and read all the material given at the seminars you'll do fine.

Relax. I was nervous too. But don't worry, the eveluation consist of 2 parts, written and oral.

What the psychologist wants to know is that you understand this is a major lifestyle change.

You understand this is a tool and not a quick fix. That you have to work with the band and not let the band do all the work. Excercise and good eating habits are important too.

Quick tip: Don't rush thru the written questions. They will ask you the same question over and over again just to confuse you. No rush. There's no right or wrong answer.

If you have done your homework and read all the material given at the seminars you'll do fine.

This is not accurate...there are statistical measurement scales incorporated into the seemingly redundant questions to assess the degree of validity and honesty in the respondent's answers.

Read the questions, and do your best to answer them accurately and honestly.

It helps to understand that you are being assessed for realistic expectations regarding the band surgery, any unstable mood issues, history of past or current substance abuse/dependency and also any history or tendencies towards eating disorders.

Do your best to relax and be accurate with your answers...there is really nothing to anxious about.

It's nothing to worry about. Standard MMPI written test (400 questions that are the same just written differently) and an interview. My interview was just chatting with the doc.

My eval doctor ask me what's the worse thing about lapband surgery. The answer is death during surgery and complications. He asked me if I had tried other weight loss diets. He also wanted me to explain the surgery technique on how they install the band and where do I think its located. Try and use Youtube for lapband procedures for more information. It was 2 hours long and I got thre 15 minutes early and a 75 questionaire needed to be filled out prior to exam.

Best wishes

Q&A. I also did a very long questionnaire. Ex. Do you think about suicide? Its a piece of cake. I think they just want to make sure your in your right mind, you remember stuff and understand the risks of the surgery. Good Luck ;)

How they install the Lap Band.....WOW, really? I have been online every night for about 6 months straight just researching the Lap Band & I still learn something new every day!

Thanks, Rojasanoll!

How did the evaluation go?

Btw, I never had a questionnaire to fill out, it was all Q & A by the psych.

It went really well, thank you. I'm just waiting on my tests to come back, then submit to insurance. It's going to be a long week...

Yeah. I never had any written test either, just 2 appointments with the psych doc.

I had 12 pages of questions & family history stuff then met with the therapist for about 45 minutes.

It went really well.