Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shake Recipes

Hey Everyone,

I thought I would share a few of my fav shake recipes with you. Nutritional information will be based on what you use, milk, Protein powder etc...

I use Almond milk for all my shakes, as its less fat and ads a nice little flavour. These are all fairly low cal, but makes things interesting and adds a twist to the regular vanilla or chocolate!

I have more, if people want them... but I tend to just be crazy creative and add random things.

I don't tend to add ice cubes, as I don't like the crunch of small chips my blender leaves, but feel free to add as many as you wish for that extra smoothy feel! Enjoy!

pumpkin Spice

2 scoops vanilla Protein Powder

8-10oz milk

1/3 cup of pumpkin

Drop of vanilla

Dash of Cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves

( I freeze my pumpkin in an ice cube tray, and use about 4 in my shake, then you dont need to add ice and its less messy!)

Carrot Cake

2 scoops Vanilla Protein

8-10oz milk

1/2 carrots

1tbsp fat-free cream cheese

dash of cinnamon and nutmeg

ButterFinger (for those choc. lovers! Its amazing!!!)

2 scoops chocolate Protein Powder

8-10oz milk

2 tbsp of Butterscotch pudding mix (powder only)

2 tbsp natural smooth Peanut Butter

Chai Latte

2 scoops Vanilla Protein

8-10oz milk

1 banana

1tbsp Ice Tea powder mix (add more for sweetness to taste)

Cinnamon (to taste)

Dash of ginger, cloves, black pepper

I've been using them for pre-op. I don't get banded until the 9th of Oct.

My Dr. doesn't seem to have any problems with me "spicing" my shakes up.

Love it! I have to start my pre op diet on the 8th. I think these recipes can help me stay on track. Thanks for sharing! Got any more?

Omgosh! Those all sound sooo good! Gonna have to try them.

OH... totally forgot The Turtle shake!

2 scoops chocolate Protein powder

8-10oz milk

2tbsp Butterscotch pudding mix (powder)

Pecans (add to taste)

Sometimes I add PB to this one too...

I will try these with PB2 instead if Peanut Butter. sounds yummy.

They look amazing and I will definitely use them for post op but right now there are a lot of things in the ingredients (carrots, bananas, pumpkin, pudding powder) that I cant have on my pre op diet.

I can have my Slimtime shakes and in addition an extra 225 calories of steamed asparagus, cabbage, brocolli or cauliflower. No starchy veggies and no fruit .

I can add different sugar free flavorings to the shakes like the Davinci syrups.< /p>

Wow these all look good. Thank you

Oh my Gosh...........Please share more of your recipes you are a genius.....why couldnt I think of those.. I am so burnt out of my coffee one

1 scoop pure Protein powder

1 tbs folgers instant coffee

1 tbs Hills Brothers instant Cappuccino mix(sugar free)

8 oz milk

2 tbs davincci sugar free Syrup (i use hazelnut)

ice

blend and its pretty good i just burnt my self out on it! :)

Please post more

I use the vanilla eas low carb shakes... empty a packet of instant coffee in it and add a few shots of sugar free carmel Syrup. Throw in a few ice cubes and i have a carmel frappe just like Starbucks. I also add pumpkin spice syrup instead of the carmel... it is good also.

Hi everyone I'm pre op surg is hopefully the end of nov. I'm tryin 2 get stuff in line tho mainly shakes, I wanted 2 know some good ones and their brand names if possible. Can I gt them at the GNC? Help trying to get ready!! Super excited

Hi everyone I'm pre op surg is hopefully the end of nov. I'm tryin 2 get stuff in line tho mainly shakes' date=' I wanted 2 know some good ones and their brand names if possible. Can I gt them at the GNC? Help trying to get ready!! Super excited[/quote']

These all sound so good thank you! I'm new to the whole Protein Shake thing. I got sample packets today- what constitutes a scoop? Would that be the entire sample packet? Any recommendations?