Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Not Sure What's The Issue

Hello Labsters,

I had my surgery in January 2010, lost weight slowly and had minor issues until last March 2012. I will be grateful if anyone can tell me whether they have been going through the same and whether you have an idea what this could be.

Since last March this what's been happening with me.

It started with my stomach making weird embarrassing noises then after a while

- have acidity that goes up during the night

- throwing up after every meal to release pressure and its not even painful to throw up.

- throwing up sometimes foam, sometime just Water not knowing where all this Water come from, sometime heavy saliva.

- while throwing I burp a lot as if there is a pocket of air that is released then ill feel fine.

- it seems every 30 mnts or more I need to throw up and it doesnt feel coming from my stomach, it feels coming from the esophagus.

I used to throw up brownish liquid then it stopped. Sometimes I have chest pain.

Went to the doctors many times for this. I have been dragged from one clinic to another, my endoscopy is scheduled in October!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I would like to know if anyone has gone through similar frustrating situation.

There is always a feeling of pressure, most of the time, it hurts to eat too.

So, anyone knows anything please? Im tired of waiting for the canadian health care system to answer my question. If I was in Dubai this would have been solved in a matter of 10 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks guys for your replies.

Sorry I can't offer any insights but I just want to wish you well in getting answers! Please let us know how you go.

Thanks a lot Sage.

You sound very similar to how I was when I slipped!!!! Can't they do a barium swallow sooner than the endoscopy? That is way too long to wait! If nothing else, you need Fluid removed until the testing can be done. Good luck!!!!!!

What did you do when it slipped?

What did you do when it slipped?

I had an urgent band removal, so much damage to my stomach that the band had to go. Depends though, sometimes they'll do an unfill and watch for a few weeks/months, sometimes they can surgically repair it, sometimes they remove it.

MMM not good news. I had my surgery outside of Canada and it costs a lot. Lets hope I only need to de-fill the thing. Thanks a lot for your replies ladies.

I would say at the very least you are too tight and need some Fluid removed but you may possibly have a slip or even erosion.

Brownish liquid sounds like old blood coming from somewhere, possibly the stomach. That would make me concerned.

oh wow, I'm having these exact symptoms and have had my band for 3 years. Just got on this web site to see what might be wrong. I have to pay cash every time I go to the lap band doctor so I'm putting it off...

On the bright side...at least I might be finally losing some weight. I lost a whole 10 lbs after paying for a $12, 000 surgery. Anyway, thanks for the blog.

Let's hope it is just too tight although it was fine. Brandie 01 I hope it is tight not a slippage for you too. These symptoms are annoying and im a lady this is embarrassing. lol

Now, the question is, if it is too tight where I can find a decent clinic where I won't be asked to pay $5000 for after care!!!! Does anyone know?

Sounds similar to what I am experiencing. No brown Fluid however. I never knew when I could eat and when I couldn't. food was getting stuck in my esophagus which then caused horrible pain in my chest. Had to make myself vomit in order to relieve pain. My doctor unfilled my band after getting the results from my esophagus test. Was diganosed with nutcracker esophagus. The unfilled is an attempt to save my band. Go back for another test at the end of Sept. if I respond better he will slowly refil, if not it has to come out. I've been banded 3 years. Trying to figure out what was going on for over 2 years.

I had this too, even the brown Fluid. My band had not moved, but my stomach had herniated up through my band, had restricted blood flow and a tear. Go to your doctor and get this checked ASAP. I had emergency surgery to correct everything. Hope ur ok!

I finally met with the doc today, he said it's too tight so he removed some Fluid and will go to endoscopy or whatever they call it in Oct to make sure there is no erosion. I feel better already.

Thank you all for your replies and concerns. It is sad that this small issue had to wait 5 months to get resolved.