Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My Band Is So Noisy

It's so noisy it's embarrassing!

I don't think

I could eat out with anyone!

I have 7ml in a 10ml - last fill was last week

Can't eat much - but can eat tiny amounts

Does this sound too tight?

Does anyone else live with a very very noisy band?

It's a joke in my household that the band is just saying hello! I have had the loudest, most bizarre sounds coming from my belly since the band was placed two years ago. We just laugh it off... I keep thinking that it's better than the extra 55 lbs I was carrying!

haha YES! I too have a talkative band. It gurgles and knocks and whistles like old pipes in the winter. It does it sometimes when Im not even eating and haven't eaten for hours. It does it in my sleep and I have found myself woken up by it irritated more than a dozen times. IDK what it is because I have always had a noisy band even when I didn't have much restriction. I wouldn't say Im too tight now becuz I can get down the things Im suppose to but it does like to talk. I know I am a mouth breather and thus air swallower and I have found that when I have air caught it will sound like a bear growling in my throat (usually when Im sleeping) I do avoid drinking or eating before going to the movie theater becuz it can't really be muffled much. <_< Burping helps. My SO gets a kick out of it when I start yelling and my band decides to join in... the joke in my house is that I've even trained the band to "B1+ch & moan". :P People who know you have the band will understand and those who don't well I try to keep talking, clear my throat, burp it out or just wait to eat until I can be comfortable to have the inevitable conversation with my band. :D On a side note.. My surgeon listens for the "circling the drain", as he calls it, to determine how long it takes for my sip of Water to pass through the stoma, that usually determines wether or not he adds more to my fill. So I guess for ppl who have a tendency to eat/drink too fast you could use it to your advantage and listen for when its clear to take your next bite!

Funny funny

I answered the phone at work today - just after having a drink - and out came a noise - that can only be described as a darlek -

Sooo embarrassed!

Thought I had heard it all but talking bands..... I gurgle after a fill so they know its going down but then mine must take a nap, never so loud that other hear. Though my Dr was listening with a stesscope and got a good laugh. Mine says ,"she stopped feeding me crap and now I'm forced to be healthy":

@minimoo I feel your pain! I has one yesterday as I was standing right over a patient... she had a horrified look like I had jus burped right in her face. :blink: SMH I wish mine would just come from the "belly" area so I could pretend they were regular stomach growling noises but nope... they come right out of my mouth! And if Im fortunate enough to predict ones arrival and shut my mouth it sounds off in my throat like fireworks. :ph34r: I've learned to live with it tho... beats that 100lbs which was much more embarrassing. ;) I tend to talk about my band like it's its own entity with a personality and voice of its own... helps kill the awkwardness since she refuses to stay my own little secret!

Yup noisy noisy noisy.

At the worst possible times too.

wendy

Glad to know I am not the only one! Sometimes I am gurgling like a tea pot waiting for the steam. Unfortunately, I belch and burp like crazy since being banded. At the most inappropriate times! My sons think it is hilarious since I have corrected them for years about their teenage noises :wub: