Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

One Year Anniversary!!

So today is my one year from surgery. I am down about 65lbs but the last 3-4 months I haven't lost anything!! I know that I don't need a fill bc I tend to get stuck more often than not but I am still not losing! In the mornings I find myself not being able to keep a sip of Water down on days. Also, I have good days where I can eat without anything getting stuck and some others are horrible where everything gets stuck. Any advice?!

Change it up! If you are working out, do something different for a few weeks. Also, make sure you are eating Protein FIRST! Always protein first, then veggies, then fruits. Stay away from Pasta, rice, tortillas and potatoes completely! I pretty much have completely removed them from my diet, but I have PCOS and my body has issues with carbs/starches. Even if you don't want to cut them out forever, just try a few weeks and see if it can get you jump started! Also, make sure you are getting your Vitamins. Good luck

You maybenefit from a slight unfill. Ive had the same issues before and a slight unfill and NO late night eating worked for me. I was eating too close to bedtime and once i stopped eating late at night i was able to eat a bit in the am.

Have a visit with your bariatric nutritionist. Even if you have to pay out of pocket it's worth it. A nutritionist can nail down the cause in no time and make recommendations to help you get back on track. We can make shotgun suggestions but can't delve into what you are eating and not eating?

tmf

So today is my one year from surgery. I am down about 65lbs but the last 3-4 months I haven't lost anything!! I know that I don't need a fill bc I tend to get stuck more often than not but I am still not losing! In the mornings I find myself not being able to keep a sip of Water down on days. Also, I have good days where I can eat without anything getting stuck and some others are horrible where everything gets stuck. Any advice?!

The samething was happening to me, in the mornings I was not able to get anything down. The Dr. told me to drink something warm in the mornings. The band tightens during the night. So I now drink something hot before I eat in the mornings. It works very well. Good luck.

You maybenefit from a slight unfill. Ive had the same issues before and a slight unfill and NO late night eating worked for me. I was eating too close to bedtime and once i stopped eating late at night i was able to eat a bit in the am.

Late night eating is one of my horrible habits. I serve/bartend so my dinner isn't until 11ish at night. I need to stop that. Hopefully that will help. Thanks!!

Congrats on one year! My, "sugiversary," was April 12th! Anyway, the last time I got a fill was in the middle of March and that put me at 6.5ccs in my 10cc band. Since March it has been a struggle to not get stuck, but I could do it if I took my time when eating, if not, it was all over but the crying.

Anyway, over the weekend up until today I had this weird spell where I could not even get Water down - it was bad! I went to my surgeon's office today and the nurse that does my fills took 1cc out and I'm a new girl! She told me that ANYTIME you get stuck and have to puke, it will irritate your stomach, causing it to become inflamed which is probably what my problem was because I got stuck REALLY bad Saturday. The days you say you can't even keep Water down, are those days where you were stuck the night before? Maybe that's what's wrong?

My nurse, Joann just told me to be careful because 5.5ccs less may be a completely world from 6.5ccs and I may have to come back for a fill invade I have no restriction. So I would say if the not getting water down becomes chronic, contact your surgeon's office!

One last thing, a little trick in my family (myself, my mother and two of my aunts are banded!) if possible, before anything else in the morning; pills, Breakfast, milk, etc. - drink something hot!!!!! Not sure if it's a placebo effect or if it really works or maybe only for us. But if I drink coffee (I'm assuming you could do tea or hot chocolate or something) first thing in the morning my band is good for the day! If I don't, I cannot eat anything until supper time!

I hope this helps, good luck! :)

Congratulations on your bandiversary! I always have a cup of coffee 1st thing. The doctors claim that a cup of coffee is good for women. I have used coffee from the 3rd week of my surgery. I am almost 3 years. I can't function without 1 cup in am. Best wishes and keep in touch with your surgeon's office. Karen

I always drink hot green tea after my morning shake and by lunch I am good to go without getting stuck! I can still only eat about half at lunch that I can at dinner. I'm assuming it's just that all the moving around throughout the day loosens it up??