Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Stalled Weight Loss

I was banded on May 4th and lost 11 lbs since surgery, 26 lbs all together but I am stalled, I eat like I am supposed to and am integrating exercise but I am still not losing. What can I do?

You are still in the healing phase of your journey and shouldn't be worrying about weight loss just yet. How can you be stalled when you've lost 11 lbs in 3 weeks?

And stalled to most of us would be one month with no downward movement. You are doing just as well as most anyone who posts here so continue on as you are.

You can only expect to lose 1-2 lbs per week after your stomach heals. And even then there will be weeks when you may not lose weight.

tmf

U have lost 11 lbs since may 4th. That average is 3 1/2 lbs a week.that's pretty good.U R 22 days out I'm sure ur body is still healing and adjusting.just keep eating right and it should balance out in a couple of weeks.I was banded 4/6/12 and when I went to solid foods I gained a pound.but have been loosing 1-2 lbs the last 5 weeks.Dont rush it think u will be fine.Good luck !:-)

I'm right there with you. Banded on 5/8, lost about 12 lbs in two weeks. Then I weighed myself a few days ago after switching to soft foods and I had GAINED 7.5 lbs. I know I've been following the rules, so I can't beat myself up about it.

Focus on eating the right foods and step away from the scale for a few weeks.

Stalled at week 3. Lost 14 lbs in the first two weeks. When I went to the Dr. he said that we need to realize that our bodies thinks its starving and its holding on for dear life. As soon as we eat 800 calories for a few weeks it picks up again because it realizes that that's all its going to get. Makes sense to me. Hopefully I explained it right.

I would be happy with your results!!! I was banded on May 2nd and so far, have only gained a pound. I've lost NOTHING since surgery! My doctor, and most everyone on here, says the focus right now is on healing, not on losing.

So, I would suggest you keep doing what you have been doing and not worry about the scale right now.

Well thank you all, I went for my first fill the other day, went well. I was under my goal weight. Still wish it could go faster but am trying to be patient. My NP said I should only eat 1/2 cup at a time. It's hard but I am sticking to it. I am so hungry, I go for my next fill next week.

This was so helpful. When I started on soft foods my weight loss also stalled. I was getting disappointed that I was going to fail at this also. But in the last couple days it has gone down a couple pounds. But know I understand why it did that. Thanks everyone.