Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

It might just be that I'm hungry and thirsty. It's day 3 post-op and I thought to myself this morning "What was I thinking?" Has anyone else had these thoughts? It's not full blown regret at all. In fact I'm pretty sure I don't regret it but I AM starting to feel the magnatude of the entire surgery. I also had anterior plication done to my stomach and I think it might take a few extra days to heal both parts of my stomach. I'm trying so hard to get my fluids into my body. Anyone else feel a twing of regret of the staggering magnatude of what we just did??? Any thoughts would be helpful. Thanks.

Yes I did and seems that most people do. I thought I made a mistake until about my third fill because I wasn't losing.

Day 3? Of course that is what u r feeling! Mine hit day four.y husband got up for work and found me sitting in the dark on the couch crying! Talk about crazy lady hehe. I just felt like crap. So bloated and yucky. I realized I hadn't had a BM since surgery and after my doc told me milk of mag, I felt brand new! Not one regret since! This is such a hard time for u. U just have to get thru this and u will be so happy with all ur hard work

It might just be that I'm hungry and thirsty. It's day 3 post-op and I thought to myself this morning "What was I thinking?" Has anyone else had these thoughts? It's not full blown regret at all. In fact I'm pretty sure I don't regret it but I AM starting to feel the magnatude of the entire surgery. I also had anterior plication done to my stomach and I think it might take a few extra days to heal both parts of my stomach. I'm trying so hard to get my fluids into my body. Anyone else feel a twing of regret of the staggering magnatude of what we just did??? Any thoughts would be helpful. Thanks.

YEP. i sure did, for many days, especially in the early weeks. Im about over that now though . YOuve had a major shock to your body so your emotions, your physical and mental levels are all affected right now.

Plus.. you are SO right. It IS a HUGE thing we have done. I really didnt know just how big a change it would be, mainly through ignorance. Not that it would have changed anything but some of what ive walked through i never expected to have to do. lol. my ''old man'' has not been giving up without a fight. lol. but, he IS doomed.

Lol, YES. Mine was on day two though. I was swollen, in pain, barely getting enough liquids in, and scared. I told my husband that I didn't know what I got myself into. I for some reason thought that the way I was feeling at that very moment was how I was going to feel for the rest of my life. I actually went to bed crying thinking that I had doomed myself. I woke up the next morning in very little pain and everyday after that got better and better. Now I feel fine and my husband still makes fun of me for that night I was regretting it all! It gets a lot better day by day and even though I'm only a week and a half out I forget that I'm banded sometimes...which can be bad I guess because I don't want to accidentally eat something I shouldn't lol.

Lol, YES. Mine was on day two though. I was swollen, in pain, barely getting enough liquids in, and scared. I told my husband that I didn't know what I got myself into. I for some reason thought that the way I was feeling at that very moment was how I was going to feel for the rest of my life. I actually went to bed crying thinking that I had doomed myself. I woke up the next morning in very little pain and everyday after that got better and better. Now I feel fine and my husband still makes fun of me for that night I was regretting it all! It gets a lot better day by day and even though I'm only a week and a half out I forget that I'm banded sometimes...which can be bad I guess because I don't want to accidentally eat something I shouldn't lol.

Shannon.... what wonderful news... some husbands were behind the door when compassion was given out, thats for sure. i know, i married one. lol.

Shannon.... what wonderful news... some husbands were behind the door when compassion was given out, thats for sure. i know, i married one. lol.

Well, i'll give him this one time. He was right ONCE the entire time we have been together... just once though. Lol! He's really supportive but we pick on each other all the time, it's pretty fun! :)

You sound like me, the morning after my surgery. I felt the reality of the surgery and the behavioral modification realities hit me all at the same time...and then I gave myself another reality check to remind me all of the reasons I had not wavered from wanting the surgery during the entire year delay waiting for medical clearance. I felt better immediately!

What I never received from my surgeon or the psychologist who completed my psych evaluation was information that the surgery can cause significant mood swings. There are major emotional adjustments we all need to make as well as the physical ones. You might have another "down" day or 2 ahead as you adjust to your new life style.

I also had great difficulties with getting all of my "free" fluids in every day. It becomes easier as you heal from the surgery. What helped me the most was structuring my time, and assigning a bottle of Water to be emptied by the time I was supposed to have my next Protein shake. I constantly had to remind myself to drink, so I just kept the bottle of Water in my hand.

This does get easier...know that your feelings now are normal. Everyone has a slightly different experience with the rate of adjustment, weight loss, etc. Just keep your focus on the goals you have set, stay compliant with your diet, and you will see the results!

Good luck with your journey!

Great posts everyone. Post op depression can be a side effect for any surgery. What did most of us do when we got depressed??? EAT! I think we underestimate how important food was to our everyday life. For most of us food was a security blanket. Once you take away that ability to eat whatever food in whatever quantity it hits you like a ton of bricks and can make us even more depressed. It will get better. Once you get exercising and have sufficient restriction from fills the pounds will start to drop off and you will see that just how motivating that is! It can be like its own euphoria inducing drug.

I think my surgery went well because I was banded and released to my hotel within a few hours. I didn't go back and sleep like one would think. Actually I was awake for almost 24 hours because the anesthsia made me anxious and I was afraid to take my Ambien. I walked all over the hotel (every hour like they said plus some) and drank liquids. I was a little sore and got the nasty cough which hurts when you cough. I was very swollen and didn't tell anyone about my surgery except my husband. I went back to work that Monday and was worried because I looked pregnant from the swelling. In the gym that week but all I was released to do was walk so for two weeks I walked and walked and walked. I have been banded for 13 months and have lost 50 pounds and I was a low BMI to start with so it can be done!!!

I am 11 weeks post surgery and I remember feeling that same way. The gas pain was so horrible and I felt like no one understood/ could explain what was happening to be rationally. Now that I am this far out I am happy with my decision just sad that I had to go to this extreme to start being healthy. Once you start dropping weight the regret will fade :D

Hang in there

I think my surgery went well because I was banded and released to my hotel within a few hours. I didn't go back and sleep like one would think. Actually I was awake for almost 24 hours because the anesthsia made me anxious and I was afraid to take my Ambien. I walked all over the hotel (every hour like they said plus some) and drank liquids. I was a little sore and got the nasty cough which hurts when you cough. I was very swollen and didn't tell anyone about my surgery except my husband. I went back to work that Monday and was worried because I looked pregnant from the swelling. In the gym that week but all I was released to do was walk so for two weeks I walked and walked and walked. I have been banded for 13 months and have lost 50 pounds and I was a low BMI to start with so it can be done!!!

thats great news and you have been really consistent with your walking which is great. im hoping to lose 50 lbs in the next six months.

i was like you after waking from the op. i was awake all night deep breathing. i know that i dont breath enough after surgery and my oxygen sats get very low so i stayed awake and purposely did my breathing all night.. lol.. it took a lot out of me but it was well worth it. i nearly stop breathing when im coming out of anaesthesia.