Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Acid Reflux When I Get A Fill

Does anyone know how to get rid of acid reflux? I have tried everything and nothing seems to work. I feel so miserable when it happens. Is there anything prescribed that works?

You might be too tight and may need a small unfill. How long has the reflux been going on for? Can you link it to a certain food you eat or when you eat or is it constant?

Wow, I'm currently having the same issue. I just had 0.4 cc's put in my band currently taking me up to 3.5. (This was my 4th fill) .

My fill was done on Friday, March 2nd and I was good all weekend and up until yesterday (Wednesday). All day long my stomach gurgled and the reflux began, it was so bad last night I was sick. This morning the gurgling is back, but the acid reflux seems to be gone. Hope it stops soon. If not, I suppose I will have to give the doctor a call later today to find out what might be going on.

I got my lap band in July of 2009 and I did so well the first year but now when i get an adjustment and eat something I feel horrible. Just got an adjustment 2 weeks ago and did very well until yesterday. My doc recommended OTC Prilosec and didn't work so I might have to call him to prescribe me something. Just feel so miserable when I'm like this. :(

Wow' date=' I'm currently having the same issue. I just had 0.4 cc's put in my band currently taking me up to 3.5. (This was my 4th fill) .

My fill was done on Friday, March 2nd and I was good all weekend and up until yesterday (Wednesday). All day long my stomach gurgled and the reflux began, it was so bad last night I was sick. This morning the gurgling is back, but the acid reflux seems to be gone. Hope it stops soon. If not, I suppose I will have to give the doctor a call later today to find out what might be going on.[/quote']

Can you eat?

Yes, but just a little. But maybe thats a good thing. I thought that maybe it was just a stomach virus or something.

Yes' date=' but just a little. But maybe thats a good thing. I thought that maybe it was just a stomach virus or something.[/quote']

Well you know that it's going down. I woke up with heartburn and a little bit of acid reflux. I drank a little bit of milk and it helped but threw up a little this morning. . I already called my doc to prescribe me something. I just hate feeling like this. I just want it to go away!

No not really tight. I can swallow liquids. I've been on Soups. The only thing I remember eating is a salad with Italian dressing.

That sounds way too tight to me. You are not eating you are only drinking. If you can't eat solid Protein then the band is too tight. Being this tight is likely to lead to problems such as reflux or a slip. Reflux is actually a sign that your band may have slipped. I think you need to get in to see your Dr and get checked out.

I have reflux too. banded 2008. last yr i had tightness in my throat. wasnt painful so i delt with it for a long time. finallyi went in and doc said it was reflux and did an unfill. had unfill and it went away. recently i had half put back in. i am getting tightness again. trying zantac 75 daily and i have to make sure i drink enough Water. if i get dehydrated i get tighter.

I have reflux too. banded 2008. last yr i had tightness in my throat. wasnt painful so i delt with it for a long time. finallyi went in and doc said it was reflux and did an unfill. had unfill and it went away. recently i had half put back in. i am getting tightness again. trying zantac 75 daily and i have to make sure i drink enough Water. if i get dehydrated i get tighter.

Wow! I started a medication prescribed by my doctor. Hoping it works or gonna have to go next week for an adjustment. I hate it when he takes out but I don't want to be miserable. Having reflux and heartburn is not fun! :(

I take Protonix, which is prescribed. You have to take the Prilosec every day for at least a week for it to start working...its not like Tums where it just neutralizes acid when it hits your stomach...it actually decreases your body's ability to make the acid...but you might need an unfill...do what your doc says!

PS: Salad Dressing with vinegar in it causes it because vinegar IS acid!

Went tob doctor...he told me to take the Pervicid two times a day and took out what he put in last week. Ahhh...don't feel that brick in my stomach anymore. Nurse said it might have been the chicken I ate the other night. It had skin on it.