Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi, I'm new to this site and love all of the topics. This month will be 5 years since I had my lap-band done. Well first, I started at 260 and now am at ready.............220 Yup. Had many fills and can only be at .2cc because anything more I'm unable unconfortable. So my Dr. keeps me on this amount. But it's not the band's fault is mine. I need motivation and to start from the beginning with step1. Helpsad.png

Hi!! I am 2 years out and started at 248 and now 183, and I just stopped losing. I have had to be unfilled twice and now I have 5cc in a 10cc band. I cannot tolerate any more in my band and feel like I will never make it to my goal weight. when I eat I am so uncomfortable, nothing is getting stuck but the pain in my chest is terrible. I think i have lost all motivation to exercise. I will try to help anyone I can, we all need to stick together.

Hi, I'm new to this site and love all of the topics. This month will be 5 years since I had my lap-band done. Well first, I started at 260 and now am at ready.............220 Yup. Had many fills and can only be at .2cc because anything more I'm unable unconfortable. So my Dr. keeps me on this amount. But it's not the band's fault is mine. I need motivation and to start from the beginning with step1. Helpsad.png

I understand,,, your to sensitive ! Join the crowd...

Go to myfitnesspal.com and sign up.. It's free, so no worry there. You will log in everything , and it will tell you what your total in calories are, and Protein too. You will keep tabs on your exercise, and what other people are having to eat, and get some tips. Everything is kept in memory so say,,, 4 months from now you want to see what you were eating. It'll be there for you.

Also if you don't like what the computer calculates for you have daily, you can put in your own calorie limits.

We come along way since that little 4cc band, and this is one more helpful tool since you are limited. Trust me , I do understand, mine is sensitive too.

I am Losingintime on there site So look me up, and I'll friend you in.

I'm on the same boat as you as well. I take it one day at a time. Yes, I get frustrated if I eat too much, but my doctor and I have decided that this year we are "going back to basics" and so far so good overall. Don't stress it (I should tell myself that) and take it one day at a time, and try to get some excercise in as well, even a few minutes because it helps! :)

Sorry that you are so sensitive.

Having a band is a big change and a big learning curve. Learning to eat correctly post band so that it is not a problem can cause problems. It seems that for you it has been harder than for most. I would actually be wondering if your band was placed correctly. If you are following the rules of small bites, chewing well, eating between bites etc then it should not hurt when eating although it does feel different to preband. If the band has been placed too high or something like that then potentially it could be the cause of your problems.

Have you ever thought of going to a second Dr and having xrays to check that the placement is correct?

I've had my band for almost 5 years. (Jan '08) I've gone back to basics since last Friday (5 days, today). I'm joining u! We can do this. What have I been doing so far? All liquids. 3 meals a day (2 slimfast high Protein, 1 carnation breakfast essentials). sugar free Jello, tea or Water as snack. Making sure I work up a little sweat (taking stairs, parking far and walk, lifting myself in my chair etc.) each day. Avoiding all and I mean all stressful situations cause that's when I have the urge to eat. I've lost 10lbs so far. This is my 1st phase and I intend to do the all liquids for 1 month cause I do have restriction. I just haven't been using it. Most importantly I'm trying not to let what the scale says determin how I feel. I will allow people to tell me I've lost weight and not ask them. Amazingly I've begun to get compliments! U can do this. Put ur head in the game and lets do this!

DITTO !

I was banded Sept 2009 and I started off at 254 and am currently 171. I need to jumpstart my weight loss. I only have 2.5 cc's in my 10cc band. I am going to hopefully get a fill on Thursday. Fill or no fill I'm starting liquids again to get back on track.

Together we can do this!!

So, I'm seven years into the band. So glad I did it but I was shocked at how little weight I lost. It took a long time, mostly because our bodies go into immediate starvation mode. I went from 240 to 180 over one year. I was never too tight and now seven years later, I have virtually no fill...just the band. I now weight 170. The last 10 pounds were lost when I hired a trainer. It took four months to ignite my metabolism that's how sluggish this weight loss procedure makes our metabolism. I now can eat normal amounts of food (not too much but normal) so I'm certain my stomache has changed. I go about every two years to the Dr. The tool worked but it's just a tool. Where I'm at today is that I think I have a clogged band. Friday evening at a fancy, expensive restaurant, I had a piece of chicken that still had cartlage attached. i pulled a piece from my mouth (not nice at a good restaurant)but I'm sure I swallowed a piece too and I cannot get it through or digested. That was Friday ... this is Tuesday evening. I am freaked out because I know I have to have this dealt with. Will it cost a fortune? I paid $14K cash for the band. I can eat some but there is constant pressure, not at all fun. Any advice? For you...you have to exercise, period. this is a bad diet tool but it does end the ability to binge eat and that was the trick to 60lbs. But I've been 150 before from diet and exercise and that look is entirely different. Start sweating to your waist.

So, I'm seven years into the band. So glad I did it but I was shocked at how little weight I lost. It took a long time, mostly because our bodies go into immediate starvation mode. I went from 240 to 180 over one year. I was never too tight and now seven years later, I have virtually no fill...just the band. I now weight 170. The last 10 pounds were lost when I hired a trainer. It took four months to ignite my metabolism that's how sluggish this weight loss procedure makes our metabolism. I now can eat normal amounts of food (not too much but normal) so I'm certain my stomache has changed. I go about every two years to the Dr. The tool worked but it's just a tool. Where I'm at today is that I think I have a clogged band. Friday evening at a fancy, expensive restaurant, I had a piece of chicken that still had cartlage attached. i pulled a piece from my mouth (not nice at a good restaurant)but I'm sure I swallowed a piece too and I cannot get it through or digested. That was Friday ... this is Tuesday evening. I am freaked out because I know I have to have this dealt with. Will it cost a fortune? I paid $14K cash for the band. I can eat some but there is constant pressure, not at all fun. Any advice? For you...you have to exercise, period. this is a bad diet tool but it does end the ability to binge eat and that was the trick to 60lbs. But I've been 150 before from diet and exercise and that look is entirely different. Start sweating to your waist.

What a pretty girl you are! You've done great. No more just liquids...you can be healthier than that. MOVE. You look like you have tons of energy and would attract lots of good energy!

I'm on the same boat as you as well. I take it one day at a time. Yes, I get frustrated if I eat too much, but my doctor and I have decided that this year we are "going back to basics" and so far so good overall. Don't stress it (I should tell myself that) and take it one day at a time, and try to get some excercise in as well, even a few minutes because it helps! smile.png

Thank you Andrea

Thank you everyone for all of your kind words. Back to the basic it will be for me. I will go and start on liquits and one meal, but most of all I need to start to drink lots of Water and get moving. You see I'm a big coffee drinker. So that will be the first thing to cut out or a lease down to one cup a day.001_huh.gif Also, have to start to make time for myself. I think that will be the hardest part.

Hi everyone, Wanted to just update since this post. I saw my Dr. and she decided right there and then to remove all of my Fluid. She ran tests to see how my band was and if there was anything wrong with it. Thankfully everthing was fine. So for a month I had an empty band and I was so scared of gaining weight. Of course I gained 5 pounds.

So going Monday for my second fill since removing it all and have lost 4 pounds. Have been seeing my dietition and feel good about moving forward. My problem is moving (excise) I have done it all and hate to doing it. But that is something I need to overcome. I have to get up and do it at lease for 30 min. So here I go. How are you all doing?

Cathy banded 03/2007 :rolleyes: