Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Exercise and hair coloring

I started exercising regularly about a month ago and it's time to color my hair again. The problem is I work out 6-7 times a week and the directions on my hair color say to apply to unwashed hair. I have to wash my hair after I work out! Anyone have any advice on this? Thanks!

Well can you dye your hair before hitting the gym. It should only take you 30 minutes and then wash it again after the gym. But I have dyed my hair before with washed hair It is really not a big deal. Still works. If you are trying to cover resistant gray hair I would suggest getting an additive called "no gray" (any pharmacy carries it) or "gray magic" (usually beauty supply store). Its great, your haircolor stays fresher longer. I have been dying my own hair for years and I get compliments all the time...lol....and I use the cheap stuff

:Banane41:

I have seen that no gray stuff... So it actually works?

Yes I think so but if your hair grows in fast your roots will show but the color will stay on the dyed grays. I like it! I actually started buying the gray magic because it last a long time and its not that much more $. I get it at my local beauty supply but I actually bought it once on ebay.

Surely you can not wash your hair once after the gym, come home and colour it before your shower? Or if you work out in the am. before work, then do it on the day you dont work out?

It wont make really make any difference anyway, if you have washed your hair that morning.

Honestly dying on clean hair isn't a big deal. They suggest unwashed hair simply because it's not as harsh on the hair follicles. I've done it both ways and there isn't a difference. Just get a good deep/repairing conditioner. I would probably just dye it before you go to the gym, do your workout and then when you go to shower just rinse your hair in luke warm/ cool Water.< /p>

As a cosmetologist, I can say that some haircolors "take"/hold the color better on dirty/not freshly shampooed hair.

However, there have been instances that I have applied color onto freshly shampooed hair.

Once reason not to Shampoo first is that if you scrub too hard, you could scrape the scalp, and that will burn or get irritated if you put color on top of it.

Most colors require shampooing after so you can shampoo the color out.

I would do your workout first, then color, then shampoo it.

:)