Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

so whos working out?

so what are people doing to for exercise? any good workout vidoes that u've tried? how much do u workout everyday/week? Im looking for something fun with good music thats not dated and i guess kinda easy bc im new to all this...

I just got the workout video from the tv show the BIGGEST LOOSER. I dont know what posessed me to do this...but i did and i have to say im pretty happy with it. NOT TO SAY IT WASN'T HARD- and i hate working out so aside from that i think its a great way to work back into some kind of routine. I mean by NO MEANS was it easy- i pretty much had to turn it off 23 minutes into it bc i was DYING. I was kinda disapointed (at myself) in a way bc i wanted to do the whole thing but at the same time i really dont wanna push myself either. I guess the thing i liked the most about it was that they used people from the show (obviously before they lost all the weight) and u can see they are sttttrrruuuggglliing tooo! that made it more real to me. Not to mention that trainer in the video is pretty hot...

I go to the gym. Once a week I do a Body Pump class and twice a really killer circuit class, plus two of those days I'd generally spend 40 minutes on cardio equipment as well. Another once or twice a week I go in just to do cardio and faff around on the weights machines. I'd really love to have a treadmill at home so that I could just go to the gym those 3 days and do something at home the other days.

I dont stick to this routine week in week out, but most of the time I do. When I hit a plateau or stop making gains, I'll swap from the classes onto heavier, more serious weight training.

Right now, I'm doing cardio 30 minutes a day, 6 days a week. I'd like to add in some strength training, but as I'm moving closer to work later in the spring, I hesitate to join a gym right now.

Jill, if you have a YMCA nearby, they have a great strength training class and you can pay per session!!

I go once a week to the strength training class (it takes most of the week to recover, and I never thought of sitting on the toilet as work until this class!) I also do 60 minutes of yoga 2x a week (great for strength and balance - not to mention stress-relief) followed by 45 minutes on the treadmill. On the days I don't yoga or strength train I go and use the cybex machines and treadmill, or I stay at home and lay around on my lazy butt!!

I find that exercise videos don't do it for me, as I am SO NOT accountable for myself! I will watch it from the couch instead of the floor!! Maybe if I had someone to workout with it would be easier for me!! Besides, everytime I get on the floor, my two littlest ones decide I am a horse (it's kinda tough to do leg lifts or crunches with two and three year-olds as resistance!!

I am walking 2-3 miles anywhere from 3-5 times a week. I also get on my cardio glide and do some floor exercises.

I am getting some video called Beach Bodies, Slim in 6 I believe that I will be starting next week.

Oh, I also take the stairs from Ground to 6th floor of office building. YIKES for a FAT GIRL!!! :)

I'm going to curves 3 times a week and doing crunches everday. I know I need to walk more but that will happen perhaps this month.

i try to work out 4-5 times to week. I do 30-45 min of high cardio, plus weight training.

As far as videos, i highly recommend the "walk away the pounds" videos.

This week I set a goal to get in 6 hours of cardio. I was getting 5-6 hours of cardio in pre band, but haven't really stuck consistantly to it since. I have plenty of excuses, like everyone has been sick, my work schedule got a little too ful etc etc.

But it feels great to be back on schedule this week...so far I've done 3 hours of cardio this week (started monday) and about 2 hours of weight training. I'm actually going back to the gym tonight to do a class called "shut up and dance". I love the dance classes, they are so much fun you don't even feel like its work. This week I went back to spin class, and as usual it kicked my butt. The problem with working at the gym is all the instructors know you, so they start pestering and pressuring you to come to their class, just so they can watch you die...lol. Seriously they are a great bunch of people to keep me striving for that next level.

For fun exercise I really recomend the video game Dance Dance revolution. You dont' even have to be good at it, because it has a workout mode where you can mess up all you want and keep on going. My 14 year old has probally lost about 10lbs JUST playing this game over the last couple of months daily. It's available on xbox and on playstation. I've even seen it on the web sold as a free standing game/pad but can't remember where. If you do a search on ddr you will find where we talked about this game before.

When I was just starting out I really enjoyed the richard simmons tapes/dvds. And i still get them out occassionally.

Melissa

I start my Tae Kwon-Do class tonight. I'm excited and scared all at once. I don't like exercising in front of people, but I know that it will be good for me. It'll help me to meet new people, give a boost to my self confidence, give me a good workout, and also help me learn a little extra self discipline.

I'll let everyone know what I think tomorrow.

I love tae bo vids. And when I am a little slimmer I will join a gym and start doing weight training as well. We are going to be moving into a house later this month (ack! I have so much packing to do) and it has a HUGE master bedroom. My DH said he is going to set up a little workout area on one side of the bedroom with free weights and a weight bench, and a bike. That will be nice. Along with the great flight of stairs that I can use for a bit of cardio.

Amy

i'm doing 45 mins of high cardio 5x per week. i want to do more resistance training but it hasn't become part of the routine yet. i also like those denise austin tapes. i know some of you might not be able to stand her peppy cheerleader persona, but i love it. she is hilarious! and i love it when she looks deep into the camera and says, 'don't you feel fit, and stronger!' anyway, i highly recommend her pilates & yoga tapes for those a few months out of surgery.

I must be so bad because I haven't exercised once since being banded. I was always afraid to hurt my band after it slipped. I guess I need to start!!!!!

I got down to 135 w/out exercising and w/ out a fill for a whole year with a 1.9fill and maintained until i had my fill taken out and now i'm back to 173lbs i'll have to look into pilates, it won't hurt my stomach?

I just started a Water aerobics class which I love. The class busted my myth of water aerobics - it really is a tough workout!! I go 3-4 days a week for 45 minutes a class. My gym just started offering real Pilates (machines not mat) so I'm going to check that out too but it's during the day so I'm not sure I will always be able to leave the office and make the class in time.