Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

That &*#%ing Head Hunger

I have been dealing with that damn head hunger for about 3 weeks now and it is really throwing me off. O.K., does this make sense....I have been thinking so much about food AGAIN (like, but not as bad as pre-band days) that I am losing track of what I am eating and what I was just thinking about eating??!!....am I nuts or what? I typically use fitday.com everyday, but it is downloaded on my husband's computer which is not up and running since a new floor is going into his office.....I really miss it and can't wait to start logging my daily food again. But, this is no excuse!!!

I hate this friggin' head hunger....hate it, hate it, hate it......why is it rearing it's ugly head?????:)

It is the worst. On my bad days I wake up thinking about what I can get down, and when I am eating I think about my next meal and what will I eat then, I also prepare entire parties in my head around meals and prepare full cooked meals in my head telling myself I am going to make these and then If I can remember a smell of something I love I HAVE to have it and can think of nothing else until I do. On my good days, I wake up and want something and know my band can't handle it that early, so I eat a decent Breakfast thinking about what I could have had the whole time. I yell at myself in my head the rest of the day when I am having food thought after food thought. I force myself not to get candy from the vending machine on an hourly basis. Then I condition myself until lunch that I will order off of the low fat menu when I get there....repeat repeat repeat until done eating. Then I do the same until dinner. Then after dinner I have to scream at myself not to think of sweets until bedtime. This is a daily event and a never ending one. It is tiring just thinking about it. At this point I know I have a lunch date with a girlfriend up at work today and I know she will want to go to Chili's so I have been yelling at myself all morning about the guiltless grill chicken sandwich and salad with light dressing. Over and over and over I have told myself this, so when I get into that place and smell all the awesome smells, I will not even look at the menu and just order it rather than tempt myself even further. THis will start all over again about an hour after lunch for dinner. Oh what a cycle we live with.

I hate it too!!! I am not working & haven't been for awhile. food is always on my mind. Its what I do. :0(

I TOTALLY FEEL YOUR PAIN!!

STUPID FOOD! lol lol lol lol lol

STUPID HEAD!! lol lol lo

STUPID THOUGHTS!!! lol lol lol

STUPID STUPID STUPID! lol lol lol

:) :girl_hug: :girl_hug:

whew- I feel better:0)

I've been struggling with my dinner eating, I know its more head hunger than stomach hunger but like in the past, after a hard day at work, I go home and eat like a pig b/c I feel like I deserve a big meal. So even though I'm full, I still stuff my face. I have 0 fill / restriction so its easy to eat alot.

Head hunger / habbits suck !!!!

I'm with Lisa on this one. I was going through my kitchen last night and nothing looked good. When that is the case, I usually know I'm not really hungry. I escaped from the kitchen because I knew I'd grab something even if it didn't sound good, just for the sake of eating it. I haven't lost anything in months, and despite the fact I want to say I'm working really hard, I know my head hunger is getting the best of me just often enough to keep me from losing.

Yeah, I have a problem with head hunger, too. I find that the worst times for me are: the afternoon, around 2:00; when I'm bored; when I'm lonely or sad.

Telling myself "no" doesn't work with me. I'm defiant and spiteful...

So, I tell myself, "You should really go paint your toenails now that you can touch them." Or, "Wouldn't a trip to the bookstore be great right now?" Or a bait-n-switch, "How about a cup of tea?"

Sometimes these even work. :)

QUote Thistle:So, I tell myself, "You should really go paint your toenails now that you can touch them.

Hey you can too isn't it a great feeling! LOL

Getting back to the subject, my head hunger is the worst. I get on the computer and I automatically get hungry even if I have just eaten. I think it is association. I associate food with so many things and I never knew I did. When I am bored I want to eat, when I am happy I want to eat, when I am sad I want to eat. NOT it is usually in my head. Is there a Band for the head!! I need one.

I am having a very hard time. I just want to eat eat eat. I really am not hungry. I just want to eat stuff. I am only spose to eat Soup and soft stuff but want even more of that than I need. Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hairagain and everyone else, I still struggle every single night. Days are easy, but demons possess me at night. One tool I use is the phone. I collect banded phone numbers and yap their ears off. Find food buddies, and call them.

If all else fails, open a can of green Beans, wash them off, NO butter or salt, and heat them in the microwave for a minute. Then sit and eat them slowly like finger foods. One at a time from the bowl.

My theory is this, replace the good associations of eating that stuff which makes us fat, with eating something that's good for us and soon we'll lose interest. *laughs* Hey, when did you ever get head hunger for something that was actually good for you?

Hi, you guys are so funny. I really appreciate this site. I've been reading it for a while. I'm getting banded on Tuesday in Mexico and I'm really, really nervous. Not just about the surgery but about the major life changes that come afterwards. I REALLY fear the head hunger and the risk that I may be one of those people that "beat the band" and eat chocolate all day. I'd really like to post a new message but I haven't been able to figure out how to do it. Can someone explain to me how to post a new thread??? Thanks so much to everyone and good luck to everyone!!!

Suzanne

If you go into the forum that best fits what you want to talk about, you'll see a button for a new thread, or new topic. You'll find the forums on the main page.

Welcome to the site! I hope you read about the Mexico docs before you go. *shhh* Did I say that outloud?