Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pittsburgh Guy

Hello from Pittsburgh. I was going to have the surgery last year on July 29th and I decided a few days into my liquid diet not to go through with it. I kept the weight off for a few months then I started putting it back on. I have probably lost a couple hundred pounds over the past 48 years of my life and I am ready to put an end to the cycle. I have my appointment to see my surgeon on July 8th, 2011 and I am hoping that I don't have to go through the entire 6 months program like i did last time. I have HighMark PPO Blue and they said that I should still be covered since it has not yet been a year since I went through the program.

I love food, but food is what has had been on the roller coaster for years. I know that this is what I need to change my life and I look at this as a positive change. Lots of people tell me I should not have the surgery that I can do it on my own, but as I said before I have lost hundreds of pounds over the last 48 years. I won't say that I don't have my fears because I do, but I know that if I am ever going to end the cycle it has to begin with me.

I look forward to hearing from all my follow banders for guidance, friendship and advice. Until then......Frank

Hello from Pittsburgh. I was going to have the surgery last year on July 29th and I decided a few days into my liquid diet not to go through with it. I kept the weight off for a few months then I started putting it back on. I have probably lost a couple hundred pounds over the past 48 years of my life and I am ready to put an end to the cycle. I have my appointment to see my surgeon on July 8th, 2011 and I am hoping that I don't have to go through the entire 6 months program like i did last time. I have HighMark PPO Blue and they said that I should still be covered since it has not yet been a year since I went through the program.

I love food, but food is what has had been on the roller coaster for years. I know that this is what I need to change my life and I look at this as a positive change. Lots of people tell me I should not have the surgery that I can do it on my own, but as I said before I have lost hundreds of pounds over the last 48 years. I won't say that I don't have my fears because I do, but I know that if I am ever going to end the cycle it has to begin with me.

I look forward to hearing from all my follow banders for guidance, friendship and advice. Until then......Frank

Hey Frank...I had the surgery in January and have lost almost 50 pounds. My fills cost me 150.00 a month which is killing me right now. They are telling me I have to pay the balance on my acct .before I can come in for another one so its going to be a while before I go back. I dont regret my surgery at all. Its a big life adjustment but its been worth it for me so far. I still have about 75 more to go. The surgery was about 20 or 25 minutes so it was really quick, and the recovery for me was soooo easy. I was feeling great about day 3. Alot of people were telling me as well, that I could do it on my own but I knew that I clearly could not. I finally decided to do it for the health issues that I was beginning to have. Only 50 pounds down or so but I feel 100% better allready. I dont know the answer to the questions that you asked, but wanted to say welcome to the forum and tell you to hang in there. YOU will know if this surgery is the right thing for you. BTW... I love foof too, and Im still able to eat most things. I just have to eat very slow and tiny tiny bites. NO bread though. I miss it. LOL

Candi

Candi

Sorry you have to pay for your fills :-( The one good thing we do have is health insurance so that 12 hours a day I work I work for good health insurance. You should be proud of yourself for loosing 50 pounds it is not easy, but you are doing it. I figure we did not gain weight rapidly I believe it happens over time we just forget what time it is so it will take time to loose the weight. I wish you a great and healthy life......Frank

Late to the thread.. But Hiya from another Pittsburgher.. Where you having your surgery? I had my at west penn in March of last year.. Was down 95lbs but have put 20lbs back on :-( because of really bad food choices/ankle injury and just other life things... Hoping to lose like 60lbs (that includes the 20 i have to lose again!)

I love food too.. I still have to fight with my internal mind that i dont need to eat that.. But it is easier with the band.. I am happy i did it..

hi frank, I had my surgery done at UPMC Magees June 23rd. I am down 20 lbs so far. I don't regret it at all go for it!! Best of luck!!