Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ugh can't believe I'm posting this :-(

Okay for those of you a year or more out, I have a crazy, neurotic question. I was at perfect restriction until about a week ago. I went on a business trip, definitely ate more than my 6 ounce allowance for maybe 3 meals in that week, but everything went down without getting stuck! I have never had any carbonation since being banded, and I had 3 glasses of champagne in the same night last week! Now, I just stop myself after eating a certain amount but at no time does anything get stuck (and I always have to be sure to pulvarize everything, but it's not like that now) and I could definitely eat more, but I stop myself (even though sometimes I am still hungry). I have always followed the rules from day one and here I am hanging my head thinking I've done some real damage and could have stretched my pouch. I have no physical symptoms, no nausea or vomiting and have NEVER consumed carbonated drinks, and as far as eating, I was always on the bigger portions (doc said 6 to 8 ounces was ok but stop after 20 mins max). Weight is about 1 lb up, but I attribute that to the wine and champagne (we had a huge celebration at this offsite event and I really got carried away).

Believe me, I know I shouldn't beat myself up for being lax for a week, but at the same time, I have been one to give advice, been considered a success story from my doc, and I am freaked out of my mind thinking I really may have stretched my pouch. Could this all be just a coincidence and I have just had a 'loose' couple of days?

My doc just told me that a lot of times after your 1 year period, some people may need some slight adjustments. Maybe it's just a timing thing. When was your last fill?

December 2, so just over a month ago.

Juliansmom, take a breath and relax. While it is true that since you are so close to goal you may need an adjustment, you may also need to adjust your thinking. Your "irregular eating" while on the business trip is NOT punishable by law. LOL You HAVE been and STILL ARE a success story! You give good advice and now you have a new and different experience to share with others. We both know that you will get back on the wagon and continue to lose more weight.

I would bet my paycheck that you have not stretched your pouch. Yeah, I know, my paycheck wouldn't pay for a European vacation, but still ... LOL I think it takes more that one weekend and 3 glasses of bubbly to stretch your pouch. If you want to put your mind at ease, why not try the "5-day pouch test" and see if you don't feel restriction again. Just a suggestion.

No one is perfect and no one is expected to be perfect. You are doing great. Keep up the good work.

Trust me, the things I have put my band through ... and still my pouch bounces back and tells me STOP, I'M FULL!!!

Take care! :D

~Fran

My doctor told me that as you lose weight your band will become looser because the fat around your stomach will be less so you will have to get small adjustments when that happens.

Yeah wish that were that simple, Lindz. I've gained 3 lbs since my last fill on December 2 LOL.

Thanks for your kind post, Fran. I really appreciate it. I am just so freaked out because I am starving after an 8 ounce portion and that never used to be the case. It's good to know it's not likely I could have done too much harm. I just have not had many "no no's" and to do them all in one week just scared the bejeezus out of me :-)! Not to mention, I don't even need to chew my food all of a sudden and nothing gets stuck and I was VERY tight before and I had to pulverize everything. Maybe I should just move to liquids and see how that goes. Now that I'm "back to reality", I am freaking starving 2 hours after having a Protein Bar and that was never the case :-( Thanks again for taking the time to post such a kind response!!