Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

CHAT problems again

Hey guys,

Chat has gone down again. I know this is a free site and all but chat provides a great network of support for members here and it being down so much means those members who frequent it are starting to look for other means to keep in touch. The frustration levels with the chat room going down every few days is pretty high.

Also cams haven't work in there in ages. They worked for a little bit (a few hours) on Friday night US time but now they're not working again.

Is it possible for you to at least let us know what the issue is and why it keeps re-occuring?? Should we be reporting it whenever Chat goes down? I just think if we were kept informed of the issue and when things might get resolved there wouldn't be as much frustration around the place about it.

I understand forums have glitches that need to be worked out. But I guess I'm hoping just to be told what's going on and/or when it'll be fixed and stable again.

Looking forward to a reply. :)

I agree. I know of several members that have already given up on using this website anymore. I do not want to resort to having to find elsewhere but at his point, the chat feature is down atleast once a week. There has not been one member that I have spoke with that is pleased with the new layout. The ads arent appreciated, the site mapping has become more difficult, and as previously mentioned,its constantly down. I have requested from Ken S. personally that we be notified about the status when chat goes down, and apparenlty my request has been put to the wayside. Answers are needed, or sooner or later, you wont have a community to respond to at all.

Funny that this was posted...As I just updated my status stating my displeasure. I as well as others, rely heavily on the support and friendships that have developed from this site, but with the constant hiccups, there's no LIVE support now, just frustration.

Funny that this was posted...As I just updated my status stating my displeasure. I as well as others, rely heavily on the support and friendships that have developed from this site, but with the constant hiccups, there's no LIVE support now, just frustration.

Frustrating to say the least--- What is going on here?? Is this due to the new format?? Seems like everytime I have tried to go to chat in the past few months its either down or having problems and like the above posters have said a lot of people depend on Live chat for questions and support---- it would be nice to know in advance if its going to be down and for how long.

Chat's been fixed and has been operating since this afternoon.

Over the years LBT has grown quite a bit and we thought it would be a great idea to move the web site to "the cloud." It was a fantastic idea in concept but didn't work as planed. We had quite a few outages and pages on the web site were taking ages to load. We recently moved back to our own array of servers and our members should experience a lot more stability and speed. We plan on increasing our capacity shortly and our members experience should only get better.

We also made some major changes to the back/front end used for LBT. We had over 1,500,000 posts to convert and over 100,000 members to migrate to our new platform. We've completed almost all of our major changes and you will continue to see new and useful features added to LBT on a regular basis. This new platform will allow us to scale and grow without running in to issues we've had previously.

I'm here listening to our members complaints, comments and feedback and we will continue to improve our community based on your valuable feedback.

Thank you for getting back to me, Alex, I do appreciate the time you've taken to provide an explanation.

I hope that it is the case that we see more stability. As of about 20 mins ago, chat went down again. I hope that as the issues get worked out, this will happen less and less and members will return.

I've been a member here over 2 years and I don't intend to leave. I just hope the issues get resolved relatively quickly.

Thank you for getting back to me, Alex, I do appreciate the time you've taken to provide an explanation.

I hope that it is the case that we see more stability. As of about 20 mins ago, chat went down again. I hope that as the issues get worked out, this will happen less and less and members will return.

I've been a member here over 2 years and I don't intend to leave. I just hope the issues get resolved relatively quickly.

It should be back up now.

Chat is still running partially off our old system. By the end of tomorrow it should be all moved over and we should really be good to go for a long time.

That's excellent news, Alex. Thank you.

Why is chat down AGAIN? Why arent we being notified? WHAT ARE YOU ALL DOING ?????????????????????????

Why is chat down AGAIN? Why arent we being notified? WHAT ARE YOU ALL DOING ?????????????????????????

Relax, we're on it. If you need to talk to someone immediately when chat is down, just post on the forums.

Hey Alex and mods,

looks like chat has been down all morning. Wasn't sure if you were aware... :)

I have written about this problem before.....the new posts are spread out over several pages of new and old mixed together...am I doing something wrong or is this a problem that needs to be fixed? It is very frustrating.

Mimi

Well, I am not surprised that no one in authority responded, but I finally noticed the "Mark All as Read" button and that has helped...not perfect, but better.

Mimi

Hey All,

I've been looking into the issue regarding New Content showing out of order.

I believe I have located and resolved the issue.

It will be about 24 hours before it can be 100% confirmed, though it's currently listing properly.

If you find that it begins listing out of order for you again, please just let me know and I'll continue my research into it.

Thanks,

Ken