Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was banded on Mondy 06/28, it went well. I was in at 2:00 p.m. and left for home at 5:30 p.m. I wasn't too sore (had pain meds) and felt "OK."

My post-op diet was clear for 24 hours, then liquids. The guideline was 3-4 ozs. every four hours or so for Protein. I am supposed to move on the "mushie" in 2 weeks.

I got extremely hungry last night :), I had a few sips of the protein smoothie. The materials I received from the O Band booklet also said I could also have "no sugar added" popsicles as well. When I spoke to the girl at my surgerons office today she acted like I had committed a cardinal sin by have some smoothie sips when I was hungry, I got a lecture and then was told I should not have eaten the poipsicles either. (25 cal., no fat, 2g sugar)

One of the reasons I got this surgery done is that when I would try to modify my eating in the past, I would get sooooo hungry ( the shakes) that my body kicked into starvation mode, then I would cave and eat everything. I didn't expect to get so hungry after the surgery and did not appreciate getting yelled at (so to speak).

I feel a little disillusioned right now, I thought once I made it to surgery the hunger would subside, she started talking about stomache shrinking (I have heard that this isn't possible) so I am sad, confused and don't know what the hell to think!

I am so sorry that you had to deal with such an unkind person. It seems that post op diets vary from md to md... If you were only on clears for 24 hours having a little bit of a Protein Shake yesterday shouldn't have been a problem... As for the popsicles my doc did make the distinction between "sugar free" and "no sugar added"- the first was OK not the second. And even if you screwed it up some how you shouldnt be treated that way... I would make sure you stick to liquids though just to let your stomach heal from the operation...

Edited by monkeymama

Yeah- sorry she was unkind-- there is no call for that. It's not like you went out and had a cheeseburger, for goodness sake.

I'd call and have then review with you what they think you should be eating now and in these next few days post op. I had a whole book that listed out what I should eat, how much, what consistency it should be, and for how many days at each stage. It even had recipes for the full liquid stage and the mushy stage (plus more on my doctor's website.)

Thank god I thought something was wrong with me. I was banded in Monday June 28th also and I was hungry from day 2. It is not what I had expected, everyone that i talked to said they were not hungry. Well not me, I am flippin starving and dont know what to do. I feel like i contantly count down the time until i can eat regular food. This is not what I signed up for, but I am trying to hang on...Good luck

sphipps~I'm sorry you got treated that way there was no need for that. Our dr office is suppose to be there for us. I had a similar experience the other day at my md's office. I was banded on Mon the 28 th as well and I am so confused on what I can and cannot eat during this liquid 2 weeks post of period. ???? I mean I have info overload so now I'm just completely confused and the nurse at my dr.s office was short and sassy with her answer. (which I didn't appreciate)

I called them b/c I needed clarification on my post op diet but she spoke to me like "duh" don't you know. I don't want to ruin all this hard work with something I'm not suppose to eat/drink so if you or anyone else on this thread could suggest some foods/beverages for liquid phase of diet I would be so greatful for the advice.....Good luck with your weight loss!:)

I was banded on June 15th and the two weeks of Clear Liquids was pure hell. Actually, the pain of my stomach being so hungry was worse than the surgery pain. I made it through by drinking broth made out of Ramen packets. Very good and filling, at least temporarily. If you can get to the full liquids phase it's much easier. The creamy Soups are very filling and satisfying, as are the Protein Shakes. Patience!

Well!!! I was banded on Monday also! june 28th! I was starving yesterday, well my wonderful hubby brought me home some mashed potatos and gravy from Bojangles, WELL.....I fixed a spoonful with about 3 spoons of gravy in them. I mixed it up and it was the consistancy of my Protein Drinks that I have. So I hope no one yells at me on here for doing that. :tt1: