Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Is this FINALLY it???

So i was banded 8/21/09. Up until 5/3/10 (so not quite 9 months) i had lost 57 lbs. I've gone from a size 20 jean to a 14. From a 2x or 3x t-shirt to an off the rack xl (you have no idea how thrilled i am with that!). I have no idea how many fills i've had, i know i had one slight de-fill in DEC. but i pretty much was just going in every three to four weeks.

i had my last fill 2/17/10 and between 2/17 and 5/3 i lost about 6lbs. Admittedly i was kind of tired of all of it and just wanted a break. I didn't want to be poked with a gigantic needle. i didn't want to sit in the doctor's office forever (he's always running behind but on the flip side he always gives you the time you need). I was tired of analyzing everything that went into my mouth and feeling guilty about not exercising. i was tired of never having anything that fit without having to spend money (I've been buying new clothes all along because i can't stand ill fitting clothes. chock that up to ocd, lol). Thankfully during this time i did still drop a few lbs. i never gained. Which i credit to the lifestyle changes that the band has forced me to make. And i was pleased to know that i could at least maintain at this point.

So i finally decided i needed to kick it back into gear and i scheduled a fill for 5/4. Since Tuesday I've steadily dropped from 220 to 214 (6 lbs in 5 days!). my diet has been very soft and mushy. Lots of fat free re-fried Beans and cheese to get my Protein in (i totally enjoyed about a half a cup of hamburger/spaghetti sauce and mozzarella all baked together at my mom's (everyone else at lasagna, i reduced it to that)). But i have to say i am NOT hungry. I actually have to make sure i eat a little something before i leave the house because i know i will need something and i absolutely can not eat anywhere other than home right now. I know my limits (they make themselves very apparent) as I'm very tight in the morning. I've not actually vomited but i get the slimmy-ies when i take too big of a bite/don't chew well enough/eat something i shouldn't. You know the point where i can not swallow my own saliva for a few minutes. (although as i was in the bathroom at work Friday, leaning over the toilet, getting rid of the excess saliva, I was noticing how nice and thin my legs look, which made me giggle!) Gotta love negative reinforcement though!!!

anyway my question is, is this it? I'm i finally at my "sweet spot"? i keep thinking it's going to loosen up like it normally does but it doesn't seem to be. and i must say I'm feeling great and feeling really accomplished! So far today everything is the same. I don't know if this has just renewed my good attitude but i'm also finding it easier to get out of the house and get some exercise! maybe all my moons have just finally aligned!

I am knew to the band but it sure sounds like you are there. Congrats on getting it back going again:thumbup:

Are you at your sweet spot? Yes and no..........To tell you the truth - I love being tight! And I mean really tight! I had my surgery 11/16/09 and have lost 49 pounds as of today (25 weeks - 49 lbs). My doc likes to see a loss of 1 -2 pounds per week and that's what I'm averaging. And I too eat a lot of fat-free refried Beans with cheese and fat-free turkey chili.

I've had three fills and I'm currently at 6 1/2 cc on a 10 cc band. My fills last about 8-10 weeks before a find that I can start eating more......that's my clue to go get filled. I've gone from a 24/3X to a 16/XL and I'm thrilled!

So basically - you are at your sweet spot until you lose enough weight to make the band loose. Think of it like a belt around your waist. Every time you lose weight the belt gets looser, so you have to move up another notch. It's the same with the band. Enjoy the tightness and watch the weight come off!

BTW: I have recently started taking an Iron supplement because I'm now a little anemic.

I think the sweet spot is different for each of us, I consider myself to be at my sweet spot. I am able to eat small meals and be happy but I usually have a morning and afternoon snack. But my band is loose enough that I can eat any kind of meat that I want if I take the time to eat it slow and really chew. But I see others who don't consider themselves to be at their sweet spot until they can only eat really soft foods.

I also wanted to add that I think it is cool that you were able to take a "break" from your diet, I think that sometimes it is healthy just to stop and give yourself time to adjust to what is happening with you body and then continue when you are ready.

Good for you for having such a big turn around on positive thinking and great attitude. I think we all sometimes get into a "rutt" and get down on ourselves and re-evaluate the fact that I'm not living the life I was before so is this worth it kind of thing, but now that you have taken the time and looked at yourself with where you have lost the weight at like you said in your legs and all! Thats so hard to loose weight in your legs period! Even if its 50 some pounds that is outstanding! Its not just 50 some pounds, it is weight that is absolutely hard to loose and keep it off! The band is truley about changing your habits and constantly reinventing yourself with things that make you feel good other than food, so if it feels good now that you lost weight to go and walk...walk to your heart's content! Simply Marvelous your new attitude! Good Luck!