Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Getting ready to go get my band!!! :)

I've got to drop off my girls and then I'm off to the surgical center! Praying everything goes well and praying for the others getting their band today!

Can't wait to join all of you other bandsters! :laugh:

Well, I'm home. :tt1: Got a lot of gas pain and am a bit loopy but am home.

sort of sad that there were no replies here. :o

CONGRATULATIONS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not sure how long it took but u r home pretty fast. I am so happy for you.

I am yet to be banded so I can only imagine what u are going thru now. I guess a little walk here and then is supposed to help release some of the gas. Also, I read somewhere that a heating pad does help move the gas along.

Well, get u some rest and keep us updated. Thank God for a successful surgery. Happy B'day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:o

Glad to hear all went well,and geeze talk about quick,hope you have some help with the kiddies.I am in the early stages still,I have been to the seminar and for a office consultation and to have a bunch of bloodwork done,I see the surgeon on the 31st for the first time to make sure I meet the criteria.My question is,how long were you in the process from your seminar to your band date?I have insurance BCBS and I do not think there is a waiting period like some I have read about on here.Take care and keep us posted.......

Congratulations! I can't wait to join you in BandLand in just a couple of days.

I hope that all is well and your recovery is fast! Again, congrats!

Glad to hear all went well,and geeze talk about quick,hope you have some help with the kiddies.I am in the early stages still,I have been to the seminar and for a office consultation and to have a bunch of bloodwork done,I see the surgeon on the 31st for the first time to make sure I meet the criteria.My question is,how long were you in the process from your seminar to your band date?I have insurance BCBS and I do not think there is a waiting period like some I have read about on here.Take care and keep us posted.......

Thanks! :o

Let's see...I went to seminar in December, then had my consult on 1/20. I did the psyche and everything that day. They submitted it two weeks later and within two weeks, I had approval. All in all, it was almost 2 months to the day. :tt1: I have anthem BCBS, too!

Glad your surgery went well. Good luck to you on the next leg of your journey to a healthy new you! :o

thanks for the info..I had posted a few questions on here before but no one answered,I guess we are all looking for answers.I see your starting weight is 279,mine is 282,we are pretty much running the same race,I hope to have mine in a couple of months,I will keep up with how you are doing,don't forget to get up and walk around as much as possible because of blood clots,Im sure with kids you are not getting to lay around much anyway..Take Care:smile2:

Congrats! Ginger. I hope you're feeling much better now. Please share after what, 3 days? I'm due for my surgery April 18th and I have to go back to work almost immediately - or at least that's what I'm thinking.

Are you able to move about and bend over all right? How about your liquid diet. How's that going? Well, I look forward to tracking your success. Best of luck!!

Hey... BFF(Band Friend Forever)... LOL I am so glad everything went well... My banding takes place tomorrow afternoon... but since he's also fixing my hernia I will stay over an extra night. My surgeon does all his surgeries in the afternoon so we all stay at least one night over in the hospital so the recovery gets a good start. So after my 2 nights or more, I'll be home and check back in to see home you're doing. You're going to do great... It's behind you now and you'll feel better each day. Congratulations on starting your new exciting life! *Maria*

Praying for you Diva! MWAH! :confused:

Let's see...I had the surgery yesterday morning at 10 am and he had to fix a hernia, too. I was home by 1:00. I think we left around 12:30 and it was because I told them I wanted to GO home. I'm one of those people that prefers to be at home.

Yesterday I would get up, walk, take some sips of Water, my vicodin and then go back to bed. LOL! Today, I'm trying to wean off of the vicodin but the gas pains still hurt. I did get up and make some sf/ff pudding with some cool whip for my meals later. I'm allowed pureed foods today so I'm debating what to have. My mom (aka the most wonderful woman in the world) made me a ton of Soups with Protein powder, etc. So, I have food! Did I mention how much I love that woman! She also has my little ones, and I cried yesterday telling her how much she means to me.

I am sore in my stomach but truthfully - it's not that bad. It's tolerable pain. My port incision is probably the worst. The only thing is that I'm scared to take off my bandages. LOL! When my 9 year old gets here I'll take a shower. She's really good about helping mom. Husband is at work today but I have my phone with me and he keeps calling to check in on me.

I'm probably going to go back to work on Thursday. As long as I'm halfway functional, I'm good. I was also excited to learn that I lost almost 14 lbs on my pre-op diet. Whoo hoo!!!!

Now my big journey begins. I would love nothing more than to be down 100 lbs by this time next year. (PRAYING!)

Can't wait to hear how everyone else is doing!

Ginger