Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

hello

I am scheduled for surgery on April the 1st in Juarez Mexico. Just wondering if anyone has been there lately. I am starting to get really nervous about the violence that is being reported. Please let me know if you have any comments on your experience.

thanks

hello

I am scheduled for surgery on April the 1st in Juarez Mexico. Just wondering if anyone has been there lately. I am starting to get really nervous about the violence that is being reported. Please let me know if you have any comments on your experience.

thanks

I just had my surgery in Juarez, check out my pictures. You are completely safe in the hospital, it is guarded by militia and policio 24/7 and not once did I see or hear of any violence until I got back to the US. The hospital picks you up at the El Paso airport and takes you back through customs. Sergio, our driver, even took us to a flea market in El Paso on Sunday before our flights left.

I would make sure you bring your paper that has spanish/english translations. If you ever need anything off the campus of the hospital you should talk to Eduardo in the main deli on the main floor of the hospital, he's a delight!

thank you so much i want to go so bad. you have made me feel alot better about going. sounds like you used the same people i am using. i went through Belite and my Dr. is Jose

rodriguez how was the experience with them so far for you.

Hello there! I am also scheduled for surgery in Juarez (but not until June). I was also scared, but thank you for sharing your story, it certainly help put my mind at ease too. You were at the Hospital Star Medica or Angeles Hospital? I will be at Hospital Star Medica with Dr. Natera and I'm looking forward to it, as I am already working with his nutritionist, Irene. The hospital is really only 20 minutes away from El Paso?

Hello there! I am also scheduled for surgery in Juarez (but not until June). I was also scared, but thank you for sharing your story, it certainly help put my mind at ease too. You were at the Hospital Star Medica or Angeles Hospital? I will be at Hospital Star Medica with Dr. Natera and I'm looking forward to it, as I am already working with his nutritionist, Irene. The hospital is really only 20 minutes away from El Paso?

I had my surgery at the Star Medica Hospital and Dr. Rodriguez was my surgeon. The hospital is in a good part of town, you'll see what I mean when you get there. Right across the street is a mall and American eating establishments etc. The hospital is very protected and 75% of their clients are Americans. I was one of 9 surgeries that day, 6 bands and 3 vertical sleeves. Not one time did I feel in danger, the place is guarded by like 5 to 10 policio with machine guns and several security guards inside the building. I went outside every day and soaked in the sun, and not once did I feel insecure.

Like I said...the language barrier is the greatest with the nursing staff so make sure you ask questions to the doctors instead. If you really want something and they can't understand, find a nurse that knows a lot of english and goto them and they will translate for your nurse.

Make sure to bring 1's and 5's for tips and if you bring someone so they can buy food in the deli...if they have American cash they'll give it to you...if they run out you get change in pesos.

Please be careful, very unstable down there. Be informed. U.S. citizen are being warned not to cross the border at this point due to the flood of violence.