Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Stop Smoking Pre and Post Op....

I am having surgery on 2.22.10 and I have to quit smoking 2 weeks prior. I am wearing a patch but it doesn't seem to be really working. If I slip up with a cigarette, will it effect me terribly? I appreciate any response.

quit asap so that you can heal better. you'll be glad you did! I stopped for surgery and haven't started up again. It saves so much money!:rolleyes2:

oh and some doctors will test you before if you are a known smoker. That means they could cancel you on the day!@!!

What about trying Chantix? Your Dr can prescribe it...if you are struggling....maybe it can help.

blood i think. I didn't mention that I smoked because I knew it would cause an extra hassle and then I just quit cold turkey a month before surgery.

I am having surgery on 2.22.10 and I have to quit smoking 2 weeks prior. I am wearing a patch but it doesn't seem to be really working. If I slip up with a cigarette, will it effect me terribly? I appreciate any response.

I am having my surgery 3/10/10 an they told me that I need to be 6 weeks smoke free before they would do my surgery. An the sad part is I LOVe to smoke, so what I found that helped me was now dont laugh! was to hold a pen or pencil in between my fingers an as if i was smoking, I would even go out side on my breaks an do this. An another thing is the way I feel is that think of how much healthier we will be with not smoking an taking care of our bodies. Its is really hard to try to do both I AM 100% WITH YOU! Just try an keep up the good work an it will pay off! Good luck with everything! YOU CAN DO IT!:rolleyes2:

lol that's funny Spike, but hey if it works then I'm all for it! I'm gonna try this, I usually don't even smoke when I'm at work. If I can go 8 hours a day without smoking that I would be fine..I think its boredom! Good luck with your surgery and everything too. Thanks a bunch.:rolleyes2:

lol that's funny Spike, but hey if it works then I'm all for it! I'm gonna try this, I usually don't even smoke when I'm at work. If I can go 8 hours a day without smoking that I would be fine..I think its boredom! Good luck with your surgery and everything too. Thanks a bunch.:rolleyes2:

I know, Its my dogs name he is like my best friend! lol:smile2:

Ask your doctor for a prescription for Nicotrol Inhalers.

They are little plastic things you put a nicotine cartridge in and inhale through.

I used them last time for 3 weeks and quit for 5 years. I am doing them again and almost done.

Pros: You have something in your hand and mouth that contains nicotine.

Cons: You need a prescription and they are expensive if your insurance won't cover. About $200.

google it and see if it is right for you.

Spike, I wasn't referrring to the your name...I was saying the pencil/pen thing was funny..lol..Thanks Btrieger, I will look into that.

If you manage to quit for a month or more, do NOT start again after surgery!!!!

The craving never goes away but it is easier to fight it once you've got 3 weeks clean under your belt.

The funny thing is that I have quit for like a year being pregnant and it just seems like any stress will set me back..i'm trying to be stronger because they have gotten really expensive and i hate the smell..but for some reason it seems like a stress reliever at times..i'm trying to be strong, i don't want it to affect my surgery

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 0 replies
    • Mr.Kantos

Just signed up. Feeling optimistic.
      · 0 replies
    • Frugal

Welcome to Frugal Testing, where we are committed to revolutionizing the software testing landscape with our efficient and affordable solutions. As a pioneering company in this field, we understand the challenges faced by startups, small to medium-sized businesses and any organization working without budget constraints. Our mission is to deliver top-notch testing services that ensure the highest quality of software, all while keeping your costs in check.
      Frugal Testing offers a comprehensive suite of testing services tailored to meet diverse needs. Specializing in different types of testing including functional testing, automation testing, metaverse testing and D365 testing, we cover all bases to guarantee thorough software quality assurance. Our approach is not just about identifying bugs; it's about ensuring a seamless and superior user experience.
      Innovation is at the heart of what we do. By integrating the latest tools and technologies, many of which are cutting-edge open source solutions, we stay ahead in delivering efficient and effective testing services. This approach allows us to provide exceptional quality testing without the high costs typically associated with advanced testing methodologies.
      Understanding each client's unique needs is fundamental to our service delivery. At Frugal Testing, the focus is on creating customized testing strategies that align with specific business goals and budget requirements. This client-centric approach ensures that every testing solution is not only effective but also fully aligned with the client's objectives.
      Our team is our greatest asset. Composed of skilled professionals who are experts in the latest testing techniques and technologies, they bring dedication, expertise and a commitment to excellence in every project. This expertise ensures that our client’s software not only meets but often exceeds the highest standards of quality and performance.
      Frugal Testing is more than just a service provider; we are a partner in your success. With a blend of quality, innovation and cost-effectiveness, we are here to help you navigate the complexities of software testing, ensuring your product stands out in today's competitive market. 
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches