Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

BodyBugg users

I just got my bugg. Do you wear your bugg while you sleep? How often do you re-charge it. Any tips are much appreciated. Wish they had a message board for support.

I wear it when I sleep half of the time. Sometimes it feels like it is slowing the circulation to my arm to I take it off.

It doesn't make that much of a difference while you are sleeping. Just remember to put it back on when you get up.

I've had mine for 3 and a half months and have only really recharged it once. I updload my data twice a day and usually leave it plugged into the usb for 4 or 5 minutes after upload and that is enough.

If you are counting steps closely, it doesn't seem to count them if you hold onto the treadmill while walking on it.

It will tell you that you are eating more than you tell it. Don't worry about this, no machine is ever going to be spot on.

I do not wear mine while I sleep. It goes on the nightstand to wait for me to wake up. Mine is battery operated so I don't have to charge it. I also upload via wireless adapter so it doesn't have to come off my arm.

Pro tip for ya.. I use the daily plate to find the nutritional information I don't have in front of me and plug those numbers in for my calories consumed. :smile2: I also think the watch attachment is really dumb and major 80's looking, but it's nice to have the information at my fingertips instead of having to wait to sync.

Good luck!

Another Body Bugg Question.... I walked on the treadmill at a low intensity for an hour. I did it first thing in the a.m., wore my bugg and immediately sync'd it after. It showed I burned 717 cals. How can this be right? My treadmill shows I burned about 330 cals and even the exercise calculator on bodymedia shows average cals burned on treadmill for an hour is 386. So, why is it so high? I wouldn't say the bugg overcalculates on a regular basis...my target is to burn 3000 cals per day and my average has been about 2000.

I just got the GoWearFit this week which is supposed to be about the same thing as the BodyBugg. I do sleep with mine on because one of my reasons for getting it was to see how much sleep I'm getting. I'm supposed to be sleeping with a CPap machine for sleep apnea.

I'm wondering if mine is overestimating my calories burned & my steps taken. This is my 3rd day with it. I have done no "exercise" yet just my daily job & home. I do take a lot of steps at work but it's been showing that I've taken nearly 5000 a day, hard to believe.

I keep track of my calories with an app on my Droid phone. Then at night I just put my daily calories into the Activity Manager on the website.

Another Body Bugg Question.... I walked on the treadmill at a low intensity for an hour. I did it first thing in the a.m., wore my bugg and immediately sync'd it after. It showed I burned 717 cals. How can this be right? My treadmill shows I burned about 330 cals and even the exercise calculator on bodymedia shows average cals burned on treadmill for an hour is 386. So, why is it so high? I wouldn't say the bugg overcalculates on a regular basis...my target is to burn 3000 cals per day and my average has been about 2000.

My BodyBugg reads about 700 cals. after doing a few things in the morning because it calcuated sleeping time too.

Also, there is a BodyBugg message board at the apex.com website. It is not searchable but it is a very active board and answers tons of questions! Have fun with the Bugg, it is a great tool for those of us that need to calorie count.:w00t:

I had my phone coaching on Friday. She told me to wear it for the first week to bed which I did. Then after that she said I could just wear it once a week to bed.

Should I bother using the phone coach? I have until March 1st.

She pretty much just showed me around the site. It only lasted half an hour. I am glad I did it. But I hadn't done a lot of looking around on the site because I knew I was going to get the phone coaching.

If you have the time to spare I would do it. Just to make sure you are getting to take advantage of all the things available.

One thing she showed me that really opened my eyes was where it takes how many calories you burned and how much weight you lost (for the week) and shows you how many calories (on average) you probably really ate during the day. I only lost a pound this week so it showed me I really have to be careful with putting my calories in.

I had my phone coaching on Friday. She told me to wear it for the first week to bed which I did. Then after that she said I could just wear it once a week to bed.

Did they tell you how to make up for the difference of what it estimates for you vs the real thing? Example - if I don't wear it - it automatically just puts in 1 for the expenditure when in reality when i wear it I am at 1.3 or 1.4 which is an extra 100 calories :w00t: I suppose i can adjust it myself manually.

Should I bother using the phone coach? I have until March 1st.

I learned most of it on my own but there were still a few things she helped me with.

somewhere around there may be less without the display. I would post the sites but not sure if it violates forum rules. you can search bodybugg I think there are two main sites that sell it.