Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Going For It Again in 2010

hi, glad this site is here. i got banded in june 2007. started out at 304. did great for the first year and a half. then starting eating like i use too, but in smaller portions due to the band. i figured out how to eat more with drinking, eating soft foods, etc. i am a emotional eater, we lost our home of 27 years, our business went from making 6-8000 a month to 1500. food is the only thing i can turn to when i am feeling depressed. i have had my band filled to 9 cc. I got down to 218 and stayed there for a year. over the last 6 months i knew i had gained but did not want to weigh. I decided to go for it again thru low carbing and i got on the scale this morning. I weighed 226. Happy cause if i had not had the band i would have gained 50 lbs. I am here for support. so far today i have had 2 scrambled eggs with cheese. 4 slices of summer smoked sausage with cheese. drank 2 glasses of Water and lots of coffee. i will not give up my coffee. can you guys give me some pointers for menus and Snacks.< /p>

well, i guess the beginning of the year makes us all take a look at ourselves. I was banded in feb 2007...i weighed 390 then, 272 today...i have been on a plateau, gaining a couple of pounds, losing a couple for over a year...i too am an emotional eater, and life has really taken its toll on me...and i love food....i have learned to eat around the band...and wildly enough, cheescake and ice cream goes down much better than lettuce or roast...go figure!!!! I'm sorry that you too are feeling the need to post, and start fresh this year, but it helps to know i am not the only one...maybe we can start off on the right foot together....i have been in the food forums trying to find healthier things to do for lunch...and I've got some good ideas... :unsure: Thank God for this site!!!

I didnt realize this could happen.....does this mean the band does not work or that it isnt filled enough??? Im planing to do this, but I too, am an emotional eater and I dont want to spend this much money if it isnt going to work.Whats your opinion?

here's the deal....yes the band works, of course it works, i would do it again in a heart beat...with out a doubt...but....what they say is true...it is a TOOL...you have to make the right decisions...and even with being an emotional eater...i dont gain like i did before....you may grab a bag of doritos, but you can only eat a few,...not the whole bag like before...ya know what i mean??? I love my band...i believe it saved my life...i still have a long way to go to get to goal...but i HAD NO GOALS before i got the band...right??? I have lost 120 pounds...and would have gained that much or more...or would have died by now without the band...i was completely out of control....and more than just my weight has changed...my confidience and self worth...just keep in your mind that it is a tool, you cant build a house without a hammer...but the hammer doesnt make the house,...its an awesome thing...this lap band....and i would suggest it to anyone...I thank God for it every day....

done good today. ate bacon for am, pnuts 4 snack, no lunch, had 1 deviled egg, and 4 supper had great salad, 1/2 cup grilled chicken. did not get to walk today, temp here was 28 for the high. my wonderful husband went to store and bought me some good low carb foods so i will not starve.

great...good to see you are doing good....i have been eating well, really well, thanks to recipies i have gotton from this site, but everyday around 2 pm i get a horrible headache that lasts till i go to bed...i dont know if i am going thru withdraw from carbs and fried food...lol...or what...but man..it hurts.....i am sticking with it, hoping that after "detoxing" my head will stop hurting....

i use to get them kind later in the day. my husband said my hectic day brought it on. are you getting your Water in. are you going to post your daily foods here too. i am, even if no one else does, i want to keep up with what i am eating. when did you get banded.

Wow..I'm glad I found you guys! I just got back on the band wagon as of one week ago today. I too was banded a while ago (August 2005), initially lost 158 pounds but through a stressful past two years have gained 98 back. I had my band loosened for vomiting so much, and never had it refilled. So now here I am 2 years later, low carbing it again. That's what worked best for me before, so I figure I can do it again. I started a blog, mostly just for my own accountability. I don't really care if anyone reads it or not..but it is helpful for me to feel like people are :blink: I have been logging my menu and daily cals/protein intake. Here is the link if it helps for anyone to look at what I have been eating: LAP-BAND

I've lost 7 pounds in one week :biggrin: and have detoxed from Coca Cola and carbs. Yes the afternoon headaches are DEFINTELY part of that process! Usually 3 days after I stop the carbs, the headaches will lessen and then eventually go away. I actually feel great at this point. Not hungry or craving much. Good to touch base with others who are "Going for it again in 2010"..I love that!

i am glad you are also posting. did you have lap band or gastric? i had lapband, and i gained 8 lbs back over the last 6 months. i have 44 more to go to meet goal, i hope it get here by my 3rd year mark. i too am posting my daily meals. is it important to have a certain amount of calories a day? and if so, where can i find the calories amount, Protein, etc.

I had the band. My doc always just recommended low carb, eat Protein first, minimum of 60 gm protein per day. As far as calories, I never really had an official recommendation..but I always did well with between 1000-1500/day.

for me, i have always ran with the under 50 fats over 50 protiens...seems like if i try to keep the 50/50 rule of thumb, calories always stay low, usually 1000-1500...i never hardly get to fifty fats...but always soar above the 50 protiens...maybe i should post my foods daily for accountability too...

and another quick comment...i like beer, ive always liked the taste of beer, and i was a dr pepper drinker too...after banding i convinced myself that i could never drink a soda or beer again...and conned myself in believing it...so...i have never gone back to either of those,...but....sweet tea is now a vice.....man....i feel like i am going to have to go to rehab to put the cup down...lol....i just dont like the artificial sweetners, rather not have sugar than have fake sugar....but i am really missing sweet tea....been a week so far...if i could put down beer and dp...i can put down sweet tea....dont know why it is harder this time than when i first had lap band...guess i was so excited about the process last time...

Hope everyone had a great weekend, we were iced in all wknd from the weather here in georgia. Today's Menu is:

Breakfast - 2 fried eggs, with 1 slice of hot cheese, lots of coffee with sugar free hazelnut Creamer

lunch - 1 cup peanuts with ingles brand sugar free tea

supper - linda's el darado casserole (1 cup) and 1/2 cup sweet peas and sugar free tea

Go back to work tomorrow, hate the cold here. Hope you all will post with me daily.

**Bought the pee sticks, and i am 1/2 way on being in ketose.:blush:

Hi everyone, I want to join up with this group...

I got my band over 2 yrs ago and lost really well at first. Lost over 50 pounds, however, in the last yr and a half, I've gained back 30! Icecream is the devil! I am banning icecream from my home for good.

I have the large band that hold 14 cc's and had 11 cc's in, but went thru such bad heartburn and reflux (from trying to eat around the band) that they had to unfil me by half. I was told if we didnt get this heartburn under control, I could lose my band. I feel so much better.

I have decided low carb is definitely for me. Before, I couldnt eat meats or eggs, because the band was too tight. I ate things such as ice cream, baked potatoes with lots of butter, fried shrimp (in small bites) mexican food...all the stuff that goes down easily.

I hope, with the band being loosened, that I am able to eat the meats and eggs and veggies that are GOOD for me.

Today, so far, I have had 2 Protein Shakes. I will have a nice chef's salad tonight for dinner. (home made)

ALso, I refuse to give up coffee, have it with half/half. and lots of Water and tea sweatened with splenda.

Thanks for letting me go on and on. Hope to post and talk to y'all daily. We can do this!

Hey everyone~

Can I join to. It will be 2 years at the end of the month since I got my band. I to lost alot with in the first year and half but hen life happened, lol, and I have kinda hit a plateau. I have been low carbing it for about a week now and have lost about 5 pds. I could use all the help I can get. I am also getting a little burnt out on my exercise routine, anybody have any suggestions?