Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

are your eating habits improving

i was just wondering if you're eating habits are improving.

do you eat healthier?

are you sticking to a cup of food?

just basically want to know how it's going now that we are entering our 5th month of banding.

we really dont talk much on the july 09 board so i want to get us started again.

The only way my eating habits have changed is I don't eat as much. There are some crappy foods I can't get down anymore but I don't eat vegies and fruit.< /p>

I agree that I would love to see people talking more, but I think everyone is very busy this time of year.

My eating habits are definitely changing. Even though I still eat lots of foods I probably shouldn't, I don't eat too much of anything. This morning, I was going shopping with a friend, and we got a Breakfast burrito at chik-fil-a. I ate less than half, and the rest went in the trash. At lunch, opted for the chicken tenders (not usually a fried food maniac, it just hit that way today), and ate less than half before I was full. If I can just keep my hands out of the sweets, I should be ok. A friend told me to buy some sugar free chocolate covered almonds and toffee, so I did, but I haven't tried them yet. Maybe tomorrow.

The good news is that the holidays don't last forever, and it will be easier when there aren't so many foods lying around. However, I do KNOW that it's up to me what I put in my mouth. No one else controls that but me.

Anyway, I know I am making progress. It's just a matter of keeping on keeping on.

Hope everyone else sees positive changes. Would love to hear any helpful hints!B)

Mary

Great question! Yes, I absolutely stick to a cup of food. Eating better? Well, no, not really. I eat normal foods. I tend to eat a lot of fattier foods like chicken salad etc. The only thing I am not happy with is my intake of fruits and veggies. I think I am going to start juicing to get some of those in. Other than that, I am so extremely happy with how I am able to eat. I know I can maintain how I am eating now. I am not on some 'diet' that once I do off, I will gain the weight back. Been there, done that... got MANY size 2X tshirts to show for it!!! LOL!

i have been doing better than i USED to...but worse than i should. I am in serious need of a fill. I go this coming wednesday and I have to talk to him about the legnth inbetween my fills...one i get one, i'm good for 4-5 weeks...then by week 6 i am getting more hungry and can eat more...by week 8 i can eat a darn house! That's the point I am at now.

I didn't want to say anything to him at my last fill since it was only my second and I didn't know what I was suppsed to feel or how i would feel...but this is just crazy. I can eat A LOT now...and i'm up about 3-4 pounds (depending on the day)....I am VERY excited about my fill and starting the year off with REALLY GOOD RESTRICTION! YAY!

Oh, and I agree that all of us July bandsters need to chat more! Now that holiday's are almost over I'm sure we'll all have more time to be on here...

Awesome question! I can tell that my eating habits have changed for the better because I crave only healthy/nutritious foods. It has become a habit of mine to ask myself before I eat, is this good for me? because I can only have so much food for the day, so it better count!

thanks for the responses. i agree that the amount i can eat has changed but i dont always make the healthiest choice. i just have to keep telling myself that im making progress and continue to weed out the not so healthy habits.