Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello All!

I'm currently 23 weeks pregnant and have been having port discomfort for a couple weeks now. I'm fairly certain it has everything to do w/ my musculature changing, but I was curious if anyone else was experiencing this.

I've often had port discomfort even before becoming pregnant whenever I introduced new strenuous activity into my life. I'm pretty sure that Pregnancy is definately a strenuous activity for the body!

My port is located just under my right breast a little off center. I've had 2 follow-up care doctors aside from my Surgeon that have commented on the odd placement of my port - so, again, i fully believe that the port discomfort i feel stems from the location and how active that area of the body is.

I'm not at all worried about the discomfort as it goes away with rest - but i'm curious if you feel this too.

thanks!

I haven't really had much discomfort, but let me say this. I am 26 weeks pregnant and my baby kicked me the other day right at my port and it sucked! lol

I've just recently had port discomfort (I'm 29 weeks). I guess it makes sense, the port is sewn into our abdominal wall muscles and these muscles are stretched out of place (along with everything else) in pregnancy. I can't really lie on my left side unless I put a pillow under my torso- otherwise it feels like my port is being ripped out. Ouch!

I am 30 weeks pregnant and have extreme port discomfort however it is usually after a sonogram. With this baby I have to go in for a sonogram almost every two weeks because the baby moves too much and they need to measure all his body parts. Well every time I go, they push on my port to try to get some necessary shots of the baby and it leaves me in extreme pain for a couple days thereafter....

Wish there was a solution to this!

Nicole

Banded: 1/21/08

Preband weight: 247

Lowest weight: 168

Current weight: 181

Im 17 weeks pregnant and started having port pain today. Its just if I move a certain way or if Im getting up from sitting. Its feels like a burning and pulling feeling. At times I cant even touch the area were my port is because its so sore. Glad to see that im not the only one going through this. Was wondering if it was normal but I figured it was because of were the port is located and everything stretching to make room for the baby

I'm 38 weeks 3 days and have had 2 weeks of muscle spasm caused by the port tearing from the muscle wall. Bub seems totally unaware - no foetal distress etc - except that now the port is sitting sideways he seems to think its a kicking toy!! Has anyone else out there experienced this and if so did it cause any problems during delivery??

Hello everyone

I'm 14 weeks and it feels like every night my fetus would like to lie on my port causing major discomfort but when I get up and start moving around its back to normal again. I'm scared because if this is how I feel at 14 week can you imagine 20,30,40 weeks. Anyway I'm glad I'm not alone in this. I guess this is the price we have to pay.

OMG I thought that it was just me. I am 17 week and I am having sorness near the port site. I can't believe that I will have to deal with this feeling throughout the entire pregnancy. UGHHHHHHHH:eek::o:laugh::lol::thumbup::smile2:. Sometimes it's gets so uncomfortable, I just wanna rip it out, lolol:biggrin:

I am 35 weeks pregnant. I was vacationing in Jamaica last week and thought I was going to have my baby there. She must have rested on my port and the pain was so excruciating that I started to have contractions. After about 15 minutes I drank a little Water and my husband helped me to walk around our room for a little while and I felt better. I'm hoping I never have that pain again!!!:)