Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Regurgitation/Vomit/Slime

I don’t know what you call it, but I am having it. I have had my band for 5 months now. Over the past few weeks a lot of things I eat get stuck and I have to regurgitate. I don’t know if I am overfull or if I am just not eating slow enough or taking small enough bites. I have always been a very fast eater and this has been a hard adjustment for me. I didn’t notice the food getting stuck immediately after my fill. It was about a week or two before everything started getting stuck. I read somewhere on here that if you regurgitate you should stick to liquids for 24 hrs. Is that true? Does anyone have any advice for me so I can tell if I am just eating too much too fast? Of if I need to get some Fluid out? Thanks

Are you drinking to soon after eating?? I have gone thru this too...I say listen to your body...maybe try soft foods for a day or two. Unfortunately, this is part of it!!

measure your food and you can make the decision if you're eating too much. i don't know how much of a fill you have but you should probably be eating 6-8 ounces at a meal.

if you find yourself staying within that range, it should take you 20-30 minutes to eat that.

i also started throwing up a lot about 5 months out. i just figured i was eating too much or not eating the right food. i WAS losing weight so i wasn't in a big hurry to get things looked at.

when i finally did give in and tell my surgeon, he did my fill under floro and i have been having a MAJOR case of acid reflux. i had no idea. i had no pain. i never had acid reflux before the surgery. i couldn't feel it at all.

so i got almost completely unfilled and started with much smaller fills. it's taken me about 6 months to get my band being tight again and it was a frustrating 6 months because i had gained 6 pounds right after my band was unfilled and it's taken me a long time to get those 6 pounds back off.

i'm finally under what my lowest weight was before my unfill and i feel great!

good luck on your journey!

You're questioning if it's eating too fast or not chewing enought, so your instincts might be telling you something. Your old habbit of eating fast might be sneaking up on you and this is a wake up call. Get your focus back on conscious, careful eating. If you're doing it right, & you still have problems, then you must see your doctor as you've ruled out a possible problem you may have been causing yourself. It's easy to forget about it sometimes. All the best :-)

measure your food and you can make the decision if you're eating too much. i don't know how much of a fill you have but you should probably be eating 6-8 ounces at a meal.

if you find yourself staying within that range, it should take you 20-30 minutes to eat that.

i also started throwing up a lot about 5 months out. i just figured i was eating too much or not eating the right food. i WAS losing weight so i wasn't in a big hurry to get things looked at.

when i finally did give in and tell my surgeon, he did my fill under floro and i have been having a MAJOR case of acid reflux. i had no idea. i had no pain. i never had acid reflux before the surgery. i couldn't feel it at all.

so i got almost completely unfilled and started with much smaller fills. it's taken me about 6 months to get my band being tight again and it was a frustrating 6 months because i had gained 6 pounds right after my band was unfilled and it's taken me a long time to get those 6 pounds back off.

I just wanted to tell you that we live in the same area. I almost went to Dr. curry for my surgry.

I'm having the same problems maybe I'm not eating slow enough.

I go thru this alot also. I've discovered that SOME of it is how fast I'm eating, and that the bites aren't small enough. But mostly, it's WHAT I'm eating. Even tho something didn't bother me before, it sure can bother me now. It's so strange!! So, when i PB , I stick to liquids for the rest of the day, if at all possible, to give my Band a break.

Good Luck!!

Kalipso - I read your post and it was the closest one that came to possibly answering my questions about my situation.

Ok its been since Sunday (its now Thursday evening) and I still cant eat, even small bites. Sunday afternoon I started vomiting. The sliming comes every time i eat 2 bites of anything. I have even vomited pumpkin Soup. Ive been drinking soy milk and Water since Sunday.

Im just about at 5 months so your post was interesting to me. I feel Ive got a lump in my throat. When I ingest anything I notice a burning in my throat but its more like pressure than a burn.

Right now I am trying to get a Protein shake down but ive taken 3 sips and it just not happening. The slime is starting.

I started a new job and didnt want to ask off of work and have been trying to wait until Saturday to go see the dr.

It has been fun to at least see the scale go down each morning.

But this is a little troubling. Im not dehydrated bc i drink all day in tiny sips. So im drinking all day but its taking me hours to drink 12 oz.

I cant possibly have something blocking, right? All these days and after vomiting so many times?!

Thanks if you see this and respond.