Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Breast reduction with Cigna

Has anyone been approved for a breast reduction with Cinga?

My family doc seems to think it will be not problem for me to get approved. I started at a 44G and have lost 60 pounds wilt 60 to go and they are now between a 38 DDD and 38 F.

I called Cinga to see what the guidelines were and she really didn't want to tell me. She said just because they were big and I experience pain didn't mean anything. She said they would require pictures and all sorts of stuff.

So, if you have Cigna and was approved for a breast reduction I would really appreciate knowing what you had to do to get approved.

I'm dealing with Cigna. I've lost between 60-70 pounds. And have gone from 44 DDD to 38 DD. I have done the pictures, doctors letters and alternatiave measures bit..and they still denied. I just started the process again...(definition of insanity??) and will see. I have should grooving, back pain and spasms, can't exercise as I want, ride horses like I want (and do, but it is painful) and some sloping of the shoulders.

One of the problems is Cigna has a standard (you can download it online) and they stipulate a body mass proportion for how much the PS must take out. And my Doc seems to disagree (said he wouldn't do what they require) and I can't pay for it on my own. So, I'm giving it one more shot and may do an appeal if/when they deny.

How has your request gone?

I'm dealing with Cigna. I've lost between 60-70 pounds. And have gone from 44 DDD to 38 DD. I have done the pictures, doctors letters and alternatiave measures bit..and they still denied. I just started the process again...(definition of insanity??) and will see. I have should grooving, back pain and spasms, can't exercise as I want, ride horses like I want (and do, but it is painful) and some sloping of the shoulders.

One of the problems is Cigna has a standard (you can download it online) and they stipulate a body mass proportion for how much the PS must take out. And my Doc seems to disagree (said he wouldn't do what they require) and I can't pay for it on my own. So, I'm giving it one more shot and may do an appeal if/when they deny.

How has your request gone?

First, let me congratulate you on your weight loss! that is fantastic. . . i went through breast reduction surgery but went through Texas Rehab. It's a place that helps with surgeries like this and pay 100%. I don't know where you are but maybe you could check into something like that. . .all I had to do was go and get an approval from the Texas Rehab folks doctor that I needed that breast reduction and it was taken care of . . . I went from 58F to 44DD (I don't have my band yet) I was REALLY sore for a couple of weeks and did keloid a bit. had 220 stitches overall, and some pretty good scarring, but I'll never regret having it done. . I'm not model material anyhow so it doesn't matter to me. . . good luck in getting approved and i know you'll love it. .

I have gotten a bit frustrated. My chest hurts..well, actually neck, back and deltoids so much with the activities I do, I can't imagine how you must have felt hauling your girls along.

I will keep that Texas place in mind. I am going to do a bit more research to see what it available here in MT.

I haven't started the process yet. I have been told i need to lose all of my weight first. I am currently at 214 and think I may start the process when I hit around 175. So where can I download the guidelines you mentioned?

Also, what is the name of the Texas rehab center that was mentioned? And do the base it off your salary or the size of your bust? What qualifies you?

Thanks so much for answering my questions.

I will let you all know how the process pans out for me.

Nessa

Hi, it was the State of Texas Division of Rehabilition Services. I don't know really what it was based off of. . breast size or what. . couldn't have been my job because I'm a Registered Nurse and was working as the Nursing Director for the City of Plainview, TX at that time. . .but come to think about, when I went into the office to ask for help, the first thing she (counselor) told me to do was remove my top. She looked at my shoulders and saw the bleeding and scarring, saw that the bra bearly fit, and then just said "oh yes" you definately need these off. . . next thing I know I had my surgery date with a plastic surgeon of their choice and they removed 14 lbs from EACH boob and 220 stitches later. . I feel so much better now and my doctor says it probably saved me from getting breast cancer. . . good luck, I hope there is a division of rehabilitation services where you are. Chat soon

. next thing I know I had my surgery date with a plastic surgeon of their choice and they removed 14 lbs from EACH boob and 220 stitches later. .n

Holy Crap!!!! They removed a small child from your chest, you poor thing. And I thought mine were big. I bet you do feel amazing after the surgery. I have been doing a little research online and it looks like Cinga would require a PS to remove 575 grams which is about 1.2 lbs from each breast. I think I have that to spare. ha ha I think I'm going to get this ball rolling.

I also have a friend in LA who had a lift, implants and her arm wings removed all for $6500.00. This surgery would cost over 15K here in KY. Plan fare is pretty cheap and I'm not afraid to fly. lol

I'm gonna check out the Texas rehab facility also. I can fly there too.

I see that you have NOT got the band yet is that correct? I love my band and wouldn't trade it for the world.

Thanks so much.

Ha hahahaha! a small child! that is too funny. . . yup now at least my poor hubbie doesn't have to worry about being suffocated during the night when I rolled over! Or give him a concusion! Poor thing. . . call the texas dept first to make sure there aren't any restrictions like you have to be a resident of the state or some stupid thing like that before you fly over. . . no i haven't been banded yet, i'm just now doing the seminar (next wednesday) and the initial doctor appt is october 2 at 10am. . . i have to lose about 160 lbs.. I'm 6'0 tall and weight 330lbs right now. . . wish me luck!