Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Breathe Deep

Surgery was scheduled for 9 a.m. today. Found out yesterday at my pre-op that it was changed to 2 p.m. Ugh.

Then, get to hotel where dh needs to do a bunch of work-work on the internet... lousy... slower than dial-up. He's upset about that (rightly so).

I'm upset about my postponement.... just getting set leave for surgery center.

We may be moving out of our room that we so carefully moved into so that he (and I) can have internet for the next two days.

OK... off to the front desk to test the I/N elsewhere in the hotel and then to surgery.

Wish me luck.

Yay! Its your turn Robin!! After the complications arnt you just that much happier you finally have your band?! I know I was!! CONGRATS GIRLY!:thumbup: Post soon and let us know how it went. :laugh:

On our way to the surgery center we stopped and asked to change rooms. Seems we were in very null spot in the hotel for internet. The front desk clerk was amenable to a room change and said she'd have everything moved for us.

Drove over to the surgery center and arrived between the time my doc suggested we arrive (12:30) and the time the center suggeted (1:00) for a 2:00 surgery. FIrst thing of course, dh had to find working internet. lol They took me right back and once I was settled in the gurney they let dh come back with me. I was gowned and socked and they had the compression socks on me. Took my history again and gave me the heparin shot.

My doc came by at some point and said all was well. Found out that the anethesist was not only changed but was running late and would be seeing me at 2:05. DH was back there with me until 1:55 so he could run and get some lunch.

The anetheolist came and chatted and then I was wheeled into the room. The floating nurse had me get on the operating table, the anethestist put something in my line and then I was out.

Not quite sure what time I was brought out of the OR but I woke up at one time when the nurse was taking my BP. It was pretty high and I suggested I needed to urinated "really bad". She tried a bedpan but that just wasn't cutting it for me. She walked me and my IV to the bathroom and no sooner did she get the door closed (and was about to offer to leave) I was on the pot. Whew...

Went back to my bed and went back to sleep. DH came back, I greeted him and slept for another two hours.

At some point they moved me to a recliner and I think I slept some more. Somewhere in there I had a popsicle.

GOt home to our new hotel room at around 7 or so. Crashed into bed and slept until 11 or so. Up for meds and a walk.. back to bed. A bit of internet. Lather rinse and repeat until now.

We are supposed to drive home tomorrow (7 hour drive) but I'm thinking we might extend one day.

Well, need to find a popsicle or some Water and some meds and back to bed for me. No real pain, just a lot of the "many situps" aching. With all my sleeping, it's hard to get all my fluids in. Of course my belly looks like it's been in a swordfight.

Talk to you all later.

Glad to hear everything went well! I'd suggest extending a day...I felt amaaaaazing on the first day, and a train hit me the second day. I can't imagine being cramped in a car for 7 hours!

Good luck to you!

I was out and about a bit today. Went with dh for him to have lunch. I sipped my Protein drink. Gassed up the car and got a car wash too (the things you miss living in a rural town... big city carwashes).

It's 6pm, just got up from my afternoon nap and had a popsicle. I'll probably take another dose of pain meds and snooze some more. DH is going to try to find a sports bar where he can catch today's Tour de France.

We do need to head out tomorrow whether I like it or not. Need to get back to reality. Ugh... and pick up the dogs from the kennel.

Thanks for keeping up with me!

Glad to hear things are going well for you. Good luck on your trip tomorrow!

Hope you do well on your trip. I went home on my third day post op and was fine. It was a 12 hour trip on a plane. I thought I was going to have pain or trouble but I didnt. Just lay your seat back and take your meds and hopefully you have as easy a time as me. :cool2:

Hope you do well on your trip. I went home on my third day post op and was fine. It was a 12 hour trip on a plane. I thought I was going to have pain or trouble but I didnt. Just lay your seat back and take your meds and hopefully you have as easy a time as me. :biggrin:

Wow I don't know how I would have been pre-band being on a plane for 12 hours, so props to you for doing it with the band!! Did you just sip on fluids the whole ride?

Not all of it was on the plane. I had a four hour lay over in Mexico City. So there was a big break in the middle. Only spent 8 hours on the plane. Two hours for the first flight and six hours on the second.