Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anybody been rebanded?

Anybody here been rebanded after having to have their lapband removed? Did you have your original surgeon do the rebanding? If I am rebanded, I plan to return to Dr. Ortiz as I trust him completely.

If you went back to your original doctor, what did it cost? Any differences from the first time? Anything else you can think of that might be of any interest?

Thank you in advance!

Hi Darcey, How are you doing?

Have you spoken with Dr. Ortiz about all of this, If my memory serves me correctly , if we had to be rebanded, the price would be less, I could be wrong, you and I both know though that Dr. Ortiz will do everything in his power to make sure he can help you get a new band. How long did he say you had to wait until you got a new band? I'm going to see him on halloween for another endoscopy to make sure all is good with my band , he was insistent I had another endo 6 months after my bowel obstruction surgery.If I had to be rebanded, I too would go back to Dr, Ortiz, I trust him completely also. I'm glad to see you here Darcey, I sure hope all is going good for you :)

Hi Darcey

I just read some history, you had a severe slipage.

That was not my case but I did get re-banded. There was nothing wrong with the band itself, but after an attempt to fix the leak in the tubing that didn't work, Dr. Sanchez decided to re-band me. He took the old band out and put in the new band at the same time. I didn't pay anything cause of the faulty tubing. I understand that's not your situation, just explaining my re-banding.

You would need an endoscopy to see if your all healed up....I sure hope you are. Since Dr. Ortiz knows you best, I suggest that's the best place to go.

The best luck to you, keep us posted.

Hey Darcey, so glad to see you!

Im just here to wish you the very best. We miss you!

Oh, and Leatha was also rebanded. Good luck.

Thanks everyone!

Michelle-yes, I have emailed Dr. Ortiz and he has forwarded my email to Rene. If I don't hear from Rene in another week, I'll email him myself regarding specifics. Dr. Ortiz said I can be rebanded anywhere from 4-6 months after my band removal. I so miss my band! I felt so much more control with my band. I have gained weight and it scares me to death! My emotions are bouncing up and down like crazy. My mom even commented that I seemed to be so much happier when I had my band. Band-power!!!