Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Another Vegas Erosion

One of the Vegas Bandsters just lost her band due to erosion.

She didn't have any symptoms and was beginning to gain weight. She went 1.5 years with no fill but felt her port was different, maybe tipped. She had a bruise on her port that looked infected but cleared up, but an endoscopy revealed erosion.

A popular Tijuana doctor placed her band (not Lopez) but they don't know why she eroded since she truly was the perfect bandster. It's not my business to reveal her name or doctor, but we all have the right to know when erosion pops its ugly head.

Sorry to hear this :)

She didn't have any symptoms and was beginning to gain weight. She went 1.5 years

Wouldnt this be normal to gain weight with no fill for 1.5 yrs? Was she going in for a fill to prevent more weight gain and this iswhen they detected it?

Lisa , remember I got a phone call from a bandster friend who was banded by Ortiz at your house in Vegas, she went to Tj and had an endo to find out she had an absess under her port, no erosion however, not yet anyways, but had to have her port removed and the absessed drained for 5 days..but back in November she had to have her flipped port surgically fixed, wonder if there is any connection? Hmmm..

The sucky part is erosion is a possibility, I wonder if it has anythingto do with the Dr.s who preform it or if some people are more prone to it then others, it is obvious from those I know who have had erosion being a perfect bandster not does not stop it from happening. Erosion is something I worry about everyday of my banded life!

I think I win the prize for knowing the most band doctors one-on-one. They all disagree at many levels, but the one thing they agree on completely is that erosion happens. Lopez appears to have the most erosions, but he also has the most patients.

She went 1.5 years with no fill because she was doing great. Then the temporary port problem added to the weight gain made her decide to get a fill. Going to Mexico from here is a major ordeal, kill 2 birds with one stone. That's when he did the endoscopy and found erosion.

I do know that port infection and erosion are related. She didn't mention that though, but since I'm the Queen of Port infections I happend to know that little diddy.

I'm not sure if she's related to the person you're talking about. This is posted on the Vegas Bandster board, so it's not like I'm posting something private. I think we all need to know every thing.

Wouldnt this be normal to gain weight with no fill for 1.5 yrs?
I would think that once you reached goal that you have learned enough about not only your body, but nutrishion and excersize to the point where you have changed your lifestyle, not used the band as a crutch.

That's what my goals is anyway. One of the goals. But since I'm not losing weight, well I suppose its moot.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      Just for fun last week, I ran two 5Ks in two days, something I would have never done in the past! Next goal is a 10K before the end of this month.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Teriesa

Hi everyone, I wrote back in May about having no strength. I still get totally exhausted just walking from room to room, it’s so bad I’m using a walker with wheels of all things. I had the gastric sleeve Jan. 24th. I’m doing exactly what the programs says, except protein shakes. I have different meats and protein bars daily, including vitamins daily. I do drink my fluids as well.  I go in for IV hydration 4 days a week and feel ok just til evening.  So far as of Jan 1st I’ve dropped 76 lbs. I just want to enjoy the weight lose. Any suggestions or has anyone else gone thru this??  Doctor says just increase calorie intake, still the same. 
      · 0 replies
    • Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

Amazing! Congrats!!! Watch out for the sharks. 🦈

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches