Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

how the HECK ya make a smoothie??!!

My doc has me doing the pre-op Protein Shake (replacing 1 meal) - I have the Bariatrx banana and really clueless how to make a smoothie!:thumbup: Had my first one yesterday and I am wondering how on earth I am ever going to choke it down...was disgusting... Hoping I made it wrong and can get some advice please.

I am using 3 scoops, and he said mix with skim milk or Water. I blended it with ~ 10 oz skim milk and it was really foamy (yuck). Thanks for any advice!

I like the EAS, I get it from Sams club (5lb bag), available on line as well. They have lots available , shop around find one you like before you purchase in large quantities,. You will be using alot and there are lots of ways to fix them. My favorite is Fozen bananas -1, 1 scoop PP, maybe a couple strawbrries, I have a GE blender -25$ (bought the 16 oz, mixing jar - kmart) & 8 oz 1% milk. The fozen fruit of course make it like a milkshake , which is excellent for post op and helping the swelling. I also like to use the Orange SF crystal light mix and use milk and 1-pp and ice to make a "dreamcicle". I think what ever kind you find,adding maybe some splenda to the fruits that are not a sweet as others like pineapple and PP splenda and Coconut flavoring, for a PIna colada taste without the calories and sugar. My regular PP shake is 200 cal with about 32 g Protein, that is using milk not Water. Plus it will add about 12 oz to your fluids for the day. Drink up you will need about 80oz a day, soupd broth , water, SF CL. Remember the pre-op diet is to shrink your liver so they wont have any issue getting under it to work with the band around your stomach. So stay away form the carbs , it take about 4 days to eliminate the craving for carbs on the pre-op diet. Good luck!!:confused:

I tried the same thing with my Cookies and cream Matrix. When you put it in the blender it come out way too foamy. I had to poor it out. Now I just mix the cookies and cream and milk with a spoon. It comes out alot better. It taste really good too. I think you can buy it online.

I use 1 scoop GNC vanilla, 1 c. skim milk, some agave nectar to sweeten it, then I add any powdered (from capsules) Vitamins and psyllium Fiber. Put in blender and pulse once to combine. Then I add 1 c frozen whole strawberries and 1 c ice cubes. Put blender on Ice crush and blend well. Of course, this is better in the warmer months than the colder ones but I like it.

I'm going to try some of the other ideas too. Sadly, I can't eat bananas though.

I follow the directions with mine. So for me it's one scoops to 8oz of Water. I omit about 2 oz of water and throw in 4-5 ice cubes (you can do it with milk if you're allowed milk too). I also went to the coffee aisle of my Walmart and picked up some sugar free davinci syrups. You can put a tiny bit of that in there if you're allowed, and really add some flavor. You can get Torani syrups on Amazon, and I think they're on sale right now ! Best of luck !

Ok... I'm VERY new to this site and this is officially my very first post. But I HAD to thank Stephanie for posting the Egg Face site. That's completely awesome!! Not just for me... but my mom was just diagnosed as a diabetic and I'm sure she will benefit from some of the recipies as well! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU from a dessert fan!!

Deb