Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Did anyone NOT wait until they were at goal for TT?

I was just wondering if anyone didn't wait until they were at their goal weight before having a Tummy Tuck. I've wanted one for as long as I can remember and I'm getting VERY impatient.

SDP, why don't you start checking out PS now and getting their opinions and $$ estimates. I have found that many PS are booking 2 months ahead and your wt loss is great. I haven't lost much yet, but made an appt with a recommended PS just to get his opinion on timing and costs. I, like you, want this belly GONE!!!!!

Mimi

Hi Mimilou,

I wasn't at goal when I had my Anchor TT and Breast Implants done in Oct. I still have abut 25 to lose.

Shalee, I have been following your posts like a rock fan, LOL. 25 pounds from goal sounds swell to me. I am proud of you and enjoy your posts.

Mimilou

An anchor tt is where they make the traditional bikini line incision along with an incision that runs from your breastbone down to your pubic bone. It looks like an inverted T or "anchor". It is supposed to help pull the skin not only from top to bottom, but from side to side and helps people with upper abdominal skin as well as lower.

I was 20 pounds from my goal weight,but had stopped losing weight so I went ahead and had a LBL and they removed 15 pounds of skin/fat.

Hi SanDiegoPhotog,

I was not at goal when I had my TT, nor do I think I would have gotten there without PS, due to the weight of my excess skin. I would have to look back at my own threads (as the brain cells are dying rapidly these days :rolleyes:), but I think I was 15 pounds away from goal, or so.

One thing you probably already know, but I thought I might mention anyhow, is that there are two different types of fat -- subcutaneous fat which is fat just below the skin, and visceral fat, which is fat that surrounds the internal organs in the belly region. Due to genetics, some people will have more visceral fat than others (the traditional "apple shape" is often an indicator of higher levels of visceral fat).

It is my understanding that plastic surgery can only remove the subcutaneous fat whereas the only way to reduce visceral fat is by diet and exercise or (as in our case) bariatric surgery along with diet and exercise.

I think the advice you have been given is excellent. Start seeing some plastic surgeons now -- you might be much closer than you think! I was pleasantly surprised to find this when I started my PS journey.

Good luck :crying::smile::ohmy:!

Yes I am happy with the LBL i had a huge butt a shelf is what the ps called it and a huge pouch and I never even had children and I worked out 5 days a week and it wouldnt go away.

I have been stuck with no weight loss for a long time now. I am still 20ish lbs. away from my initial goal. I just had my TT last month.

I am glad I did it now. It only took 5 lbs of skin and fat off but I really feel so much better and am motivated to start working my butt off again!:laugh:

I was banded 10/1/08 and I still have a good bit to go before I hit goal weight. I've lost about 44 lbs so far but i have been thinking more about "work" done. I would love to have an breast lift and reduction and a tt. I have an "apron" that doesn't seem to go away. Any advice on how much longer I should wait? I go back to Dr. the 24th of this month for 3rd fill and I'll talk to him then but just wanted to see what others thought. I'm concerned that if i have it done now, i'll need it again in the end. Any advice?

I am 34 pounds down with about 60 to go, but the tummy rash on my thighs has already been a problem. I'm a total researcher, so......I put in some calls to some local plastic surgeons recommended by the "American Society of Bariatric Plastic Surgeons". Each said to wait until about 30 pounds from goal for your first consultation. The articles by plastic surgeons that I have read on WLS Magazine website say the same thing and recommend at least 3-5 consultations (should be free) with different surgeons and most will make you wait 3-5 months for surgery to see where your weight stabilizes. My bariatric surgeon has someone he recommends, as well. On a side note, all the articles I read recommend taking someone with you to all consultations who can ask questions with you to be sure no question goes unanswered. My best friend can't wait :lol:!!

Personally, my plan is to go over the holidays this December for my consultations and maybe surgery for Summer 2010 when I can take 6 weeks off to recover.

I talked to my dr and he said that I should wait till I'm finished losing. He also said it was about a three year process and not to even think about having anything done till then. (Yikes! 3 years!!??) I understand it's a slow process and i'm cool with that but don't know if i can deal with saggy skin and droopy boobs that long! lol

Shalee, I have been following your posts like a rock fan, LOL. 25 pounds from goal sounds swell to me. I am proud of you and enjoy your posts.

Mimilou

Thanks Mimlou!!!

I am actually scheduled for my revision on May 5th to repair my scar from the wound seperation.