Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

A loss is a loss right?!?!?!?

I have to admit I AM A SLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW loser but I am one and I "should" be proud.

I went to my appointment yesterday and I was feeling kind of scared becasue well although I feel better and like I lost tons of weight (I am sure it just shifted) but over all I felt better. I only lost 8lbs. For a total of 47lbs in 8 months. What depressed me is seeing people at the months I have are further out like 100lbs or more and that depresses me somewhat. I look for the reason/excuses now, I didn't get restriction until later December or January. I have the realize band. But at the same time I am jealous of everyone elses success and all the while I should be proud of my own success but I can't find myself giving myself a pat on the back!!!! Why am I like this? Well just a small vent there I know I will get there becasue well I just have to!!!!! Just wanted to announce that there is another 8lbs gone hopefully forever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Woooot Happy Dance You lost. That is all that matters!! I went for my first appointment yesterday and lost 6.5 pounds. I'm not kidding myself I know it's gonna be slow. I didn't put on 100 plus pounds in a short time and it's not going to be a short time to take it off either. Don't beat yourself down, this is a Victory!! Look in that mirror and Say "Self we did good, but next week we are going to do GREAT"

Keep it up and Great JOB :frown:

Guess what there are slower losers than you. I am one of those. But I have lately started to snack. Bad me. I'm still happy with the band because I am down 40. I still have another 40 to go and figure I'll get there just not as fast as some. Bummer now is that I have twisted my knee and walking and stuff is painful. I'm looking at pool excercises and hope that will get me back on track. Good luck to you.

Aww Sue sorry about your knee I have NO EXCUSE, I need to get out there I am sure when the weather gets better I will make myself get out and walk at the track!!! Due to depression and all over feeling bad about my slow weight loss, I canceled my membership to the YMCA and I don't have to money to re-pay all the fees again ugh!!!

I think you have to pat yourself on the back to keep encouraging yourself. I see other folks who are at or near 100 lbs down since surgery, and tell myself, at least you are losing. You cant always be the biggest loser. Think of the rabbit and the tortise, the slower mover won because he stuck it out.

Celebrate your LOSS! Feel good about taking control of your situation, and improving your health, and being on the journey to a new you! comparing yourself to others is futile - everyone loses at different rates depending on the amount to lose, their exercise regimes, their total caloric intake, their body type, their age, their gender, their comorbidities, the meds they may be on, their attention to measuring and weighing everything, etc. You are unique - you will lose depending on your situation.

Ignore everyone else; this is the time to focus on yourself ONLY. Be vigilant, use the band, exercise, follow the instructions of your doctor, and feel great about taking control of your health!

I think you are doing great. Banding is not easy at all unless you have restriction . . . and you have not had restriction for very long.

I agree, a loss is a loss, and without banding you may have had a gain or at least maintained. You definitely deserve a pat on the back.