Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Weight Loss Surgical Center Des Moines IA

I had the Lap Band done in September. There is now another option for patients in the Des Moines and Surrounding areas. Not only is there the Mercy program and the Iowa Health program, there is the Weight Loss Surgical Center in West Des Moines. If anyone has any questions about the facility and what is has to offer please ask.:biggrin:

hi! What is the chance on Mercy paying? I will check with my individual plan...but it seems I hear they never pay.

Does this mean if I go to a Mercy center chances are better>?

I would like more information. I am considering the weight loss surgical center, but wasn't for sure it was legit.

I hope I am not too late. I have gone to them since last July and have had nothing but problems. I had a band in Mexico so I didn't have many choices on where to go. I have had 20 fills and a couple of unfills. MOst of this done by Dec. because I didn't want to keep paying the $250 every time I went. So from Jan. and mostly Feb. I have been too tight. WEnt last week and they took 5 ccs out and had to go today and they put back in 3 ccs. He was suggesting that my band could not be tight enough so I needed another band. Knew he was fulll of crap because most of the time been too tight. I heard him "SELL" a lady who was getting a consultation for Lap Band. Thought this was very unprofessional for some one that is a PA and does fills. I thought he was selling me cause he hadn't hit his quota. Spent lots of money there and have wasted my time. Had a gut feeling when I went there last July they were not legit just like you were thinking. RUN!

Why Mexico? They talked about Kansas City with me. I have a meeting with them for the first time on June 30 in West Des Moines.

I had mine done in Mexico and fills done here in Kansas City at Surgical Weight Loss Center. I did not have insurance to pay for my band that is why I went to Mexico on July 4th.