Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Oprah's an idiot

You know, it isn't like the woman can't afford to verify her stories first.

I agree, an idiot.

The point EXACTLY. Obviously she doesn't learn ANYthing -- she did the same with another book called A Million Tiny Pieces, I believe. Total fake, and people got pissed at her.

Then she ran off her mouth about the beef industry without facts and got them all up in arms and sued her. I believe she used her show to spout off her opinion which, in this business, you have to be careful because she can be viewed as endorsing or dissing something.

Same with WLS. She has proven that she is yet another diet failure, yet she runs down OTHERS who choose this tool for themselves.

She's an overpaid muppet with a box of Ho Hos under one arm and a list of fake books under the other.

She's an overpaid muppet with a box of Ho Hos under one arm and a list of fake books under the other.

HAHAHAHA! I LOL in real time after reading the above!

Many many years ago I saw her speak in Phoenix and I wasn't impressed. I was working for a company that was doing some TV advertising and as a thank you for our business they offered me Oprah tickets. I declined them at first but then a friend really wanted to go.

Suffice it to say, she was no longer an Oprah fan after that. It was supposed to be a discussion about lots of general topics, it turned out to be a sermon on religious topics and the bible.

HAHAHAHA! I LOL in real time after reading the above!

Many many years ago I saw her speak in Phoenix and I wasn't impressed. I was working for a company that was doing some TV advertising and as a thank you for our business they offered me Oprah tickets. I declined them at first but then a friend really wanted to go.

Suffice it to say, she was no longer an Oprah fan after that. It was supposed to be a discussion about lots of general topics, it turned out to be a sermon on religious topics and the bible.

:tongue2:

Interesting, since she doesn't seem to follow either very well except for her own brand of new ageism and worship of idiocy. Too many people already at that altar, thankyouverymuch... :huh2:

She's just... too much, I guess. Too much hair, too much me-me-me-me, too much Stuart from MAD TV and "Look at what I can do." People are beginning to put down the Kool-Aid and are figuring her out. It's time to board the mother ship, Oprah. Put down the Ho Hos.

Edited by BethFromVA

I cant stand her. I dont think her actions are motivated one iota by wanting to help others, its entirely narcissistic look at ME, listen to MY opinions, worship ME stuff. She's a pain in the arse.

Um, this is Rants and Raves. You are supposed to post CONTROVERSIAL topics. That Oprah is an idiot is more like a universal truth!

J/K, I'm sure her fans will be out to defend her soon and then the fur will fly, baby! :frown:

Um, this is Rants and Raves. You are supposed to post CONTROVERSIAL topics. That Oprah is an idiot is more like a universal truth!

J/K, I'm sure her fans will be out to defend her soon and then the fur will fly, baby! :frown:

LOL, so true. I thought about that when I posted it: Hmmm, rants and raves or lounge? :crying:

You know, it isn't like the woman can't afford to verify her stories first.

I agree, an idiot.

Not that I disagree with the subject, HOWEVER the fact-checking should have been done by the publisher! They are the ones who have the responsibility to ensure that any book is not plaguerized, or not true, etc. Once it is published, the reading audience should have some assurance that something that is supposed to be non-fiction, is.

You may now resume your discussion of Oprah...

Not that I disagree with the subject, HOWEVER the fact-checking should have been done by the publisher! They are the ones who have the responsibility to ensure that any book is not plaguerized, or not true, etc. Once it is published, the reading audience should have some assurance that something that is supposed to be non-fiction, is.

True, but she's already been through this once before. You'd think she'd learn from the first time. Especially such an emotionally packed story.

True, but she's already been through this once before. You'd think she'd learn from the first time. Especially such an emotionally packed story.

Again, you would think that the publishing industry with their fact-checking teams would be even more diligent in verifying veracity given the previous scandal. And of course, let's not forget the author - a liar. It all started with him, and his co-conspirator wife who made a conscious decision to lie - repeatedly.

Again, you would think that the publishing industry with their fact-checking teams would be even more diligent in verifying veracity given the previous scandal. And of course, let's not forget the author - a liar. It all started with him, and his co-conspirator wife who made a conscious decision to lie - repeatedly.

I do not disagree with you in the least.

But considering Oprah has more power over the people than your average multi million dollar publishing company she has even more responsibility to make sure the information she is putting out on her own show is accurate.

She is in a position of power with her followers. She has tons of followers in every country and she knows it. She's created this power and she has a responsibility to make sure anything she feeds her groupies is accurate.

One question I have since I never watch her show... did she address this issue? Did she at least come clean and explain what happened and own up to feeding info to people that was wrong?

I dunno, tap, do they do that? Not questioning you, just honestly never thought of them verifying whether a story is true as being something they do.

What I found funny was the irony that Doperah got burned again after having it happen once before.

I do not disagree with you in the least.

But considering Oprah has more power over the people than your average multi million dollar publishing company she has even more responsibility to make sure the information she is putting out on her own show is accurate.

She is in a position of power with her followers. She has tons of followers in every country and she knows it. She's created this power and she has a responsibility to make sure anything she feeds her groupies is accurate.

One question I have since I never watch her show... did she address this issue? Did she at least come clean and explain what happened and own up to feeding info to people that was wrong?

I never watch her either so I would be curious to know what she does too.

I remember she brought on the first guy that duped her and was all pissed at him, but I guess she needed to to save face because people were a little miffed with her. And now here is round two. :party: