Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Something to commemorate my decision

I wanted to do something that would, for me, mark the beginning of the new me.

This past Sunday I went to a tattoo parlor and go inked. I already had a tattoo from years ago (hidden), but this one is right there for me to see, to remind me.

I realize that even though I will have the band, I will still require making good choices and maybe even some willpower.

I found a tattoo that I liked that said, in Chinese: God give me strength. I wanted it on the inside of my right wrist (my eating hand, lol) to remind me. Sadly they couldn't do that in the small area I wanted (couldn't shrink it down enough), so I went with a simple Chinese symbol: BELIEVE.

I pray that it will help me remember what I am doing, where I am going, and where I came from. It will stare at me every time I pick up a fork or put my hand to my mouth.

I know it's a bit drastic for some, but for me, this commemorates the new me that will come out of this journey.

sometime this past summer DH and I got 101207 on the inside of our left wrist....day of our banding. it IS a good reminder (lefties) when holding the fork.

good luck on your surgery.

Awesome, Lulu! That's a great idea too. So you and DH both had banding the same day? Did I understand correctly? That's COOL!

And thanks for the well wishes. Went today to the hospital to register and do bloodwork and EKG and it's starting to feel close now. Friday begins liquids. :unsure: Then next Friday is my day, 2:30 pm. Omg, I'm gonna be ravenous hungry... :D

So you and DH both had banding the same day? Did I understand correctly? That's COOL!

Friday begins liquids. :tt1: Then next Friday is my day, 2:30 pm. Omg, I'm gonna be ravenous hungry... :D

we did get the lapband the same day, just an hr apart.

ah so reality is hitting - i didn't have a preop diet & i came out of surgery not hungry for 2 wks. i just had an hr conversation w/the anesthesiologist that he best make sure i wake up. that was my only concern in the whole process.

the countdown begins....:unsure:

Luckily anesthesia doesn't bother or worry me. I think of it as a nice, deep sleep. :unsure:

I can't believe how slow (and fast) this is going. I had said a couple weeks ago that the 10 months it took between planning our trip to Hawaii and when it actually came (and went) went by SOOOOO fast, but this few weeks between meeting with my doc and my surgery is dragging... lol

I guess now because stuff is actually happening, it will go by faster. Before it was just waiting. Hell, I didn't even get official approval from insurance until yesterday afternoon!

I'm just... wow. The emotions will hit (you know what I mean). I see YOUR progress, for instance, and say, wow, that can be me one day. Granted, I'm starting a lot higher than you, but still... it's nice to see people working the band and doing it so well. I won't know what to do with myself. I already have short hair, so I guess I'll have to try to grow mine out to make the "hair change." :D

I won't know what to do with myself. I already have short hair, so I guess I'll have to try to grow mine out to make the "hair change." :D

i DID do the hair change. cut 13inches off when i hit the 50lb loss mark.....i love it! have always had long wavy hair and i'm enjoying the short sassiness of the hair to go w/the personality...LOL.

I went with a hair change and got some "help" with my clothing choices through friends that are way trendier than me.

I really like the thought of a tattoo as well . . . great idea.

Good news! Went to have Chinese tonight (kinda hitting all the good-bye spots before I start liquids) and the owner's mom reads Chinese. My tattoo thankfully says BELIEVE as I had been told it did at the tattoo shop and not DOG POO or something. She even made a praying motion, meaning it means to believe, to pray. I'm very happy. :)

I wanted to do something that would, for me, mark the beginning of the new me.

This past Sunday I went to a tattoo parlor and go inked. I already had a tattoo from years ago (hidden), but this one is right there for me to see, to remind me.

I realize that even though I will have the band, I will still require making good choices and maybe even some willpower.

I found a tattoo that I liked that said, in Chinese: God give me strength. I wanted it on the inside of my right wrist (my eating hand, lol) to remind me. Sadly they couldn't do that in the small area I wanted (couldn't shrink it down enough), so I went with a simple Chinese symbol: BELIEVE.

I pray that it will help me remember what I am doing, where I am going, and where I came from. It will stare at me every time I pick up a fork or put my hand to my mouth.

I know it's a bit drastic for some, but for me, this commemorates the new me that will come out of this journey.

Why Beth, you salty so-and-so......a tattoo! I'm so proud. I'm thinking of getting a half-sleeve done around Christmas (because nothing says "I Celebrate the birth of my Lord" like getting a tattoo, eh?). I would love to get a full sleeve, but it's a no-no in the healthcare industry.....so I'll settle for something I can semi-hide. What is your hidden tattoo of? And where is it hidden?

What a great idea (even if plain agrees with it:wink2:)! I thought about getting another tattoo but could not decide on what or where to put it. You have now given me an idea. I hope that you don't mind me "borrowing" your idea, do you? Good luck with your surgery next week! You already have such a wonderful attitude about it. You are going to do great!:thumbup:

Why Beth, you salty so-and-so......a tattoo! I'm so proud. I'm thinking of getting a half-sleeve done around Christmas (because nothing says "I Celebrate the birth of my Lord" like getting a tattoo, eh?). I would love to get a full sleeve, but it's a no-no in the healthcare industry.....so I'll settle for something I can semi-hide. What is your hidden tattoo of? And where is it hidden?

Hehe, salty is right.

The other is a beautifully colored yin-yang on my breast (hidden with clothes, but outside a bra/bikini).

Oh, and when I got the Chinese symbol, I also got a little ladybug on the top of my right foor. :thumbup:

What a great idea (even if plain agrees with it:wink2:)! I thought about getting another tattoo but could not decide on what or where to put it. You have now given me an idea. I hope that you don't mind me "borrowing" your idea, do you? Good luck with your surgery next week! You already have such a wonderful attitude about it. You are going to do great!:thumbup:

Aw, thanks! And you most certainly may borrow, use, or have my idea. :thumbup:

Hehe, salty is right.

The other is a beautifully colored yin-yang on my breast (hidden with clothes, but outside a bra/bikini).

Oh, and when I got the Chinese symbol, I also got a little ladybug on the top of my right foor. :thumbup:

ah, so your also tatted' up...:thumbup: