Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

A really jerky question

Ok...I love beef Jerky and keep it in my truck at all times just in case I am in a situation where I need a snack or as a Meal Replacement. I usually buy the 1.8 oz snack pack. Very satisfying and 25g of Protein. My question is: Does anyone know if eating jerky is any different than eating 1.8 oz of fresh cooked meat? Does it take on moisture in the pouch and expand?:D

Sorry, I don't know the answer. I just wanted to let you know that someone is reading this, and I also would like to know the answer. Good question. What kind of Jerky do you buy? It's something I like, but one of those things I never buy; however, when I see how much Protein is in it, I should start making this a "staple". Thanks for asking this and hopefully we get an answer soon. steph

Be careful when trying Jerky for the first time after banding. May be something that does not work for you. I can eat the dryer king but not the nuggets.

I usually by Jack Links brand in Walmart in the small 1.8oz snack bags. Love the Teriyaki. Also, I like Grateful Harvest organic. I tends to have less sodium. It's the larger bags but I just weigh and put in snack bags.

hi apples,

i keep ostrich Jerky handy:

OSTRIM meat stick, low carb Snacks, healthy snacks for kid, sports nutrition supplement, high Protein snacks, high protein food, low carbohydrate diet

my trainer turned me onto them...they're a bit softer, 80 calories per stick & 14g protein.

lu~

hi apples,

i keep ostrich Jerky handy:

Ostrim meat stick, low carb Snacks, healthy Snacks for kid, sports nutrition supplement, high Protein snacks, high Protein food, low carbohydrate diet

my trainer turned me onto them...they're a bit softer, 80 calories per stick & 14g protein.

lu~

Thanks for the advice, Lulac. I will give them a try is I can get past the fact that they are "ostrich". I get so weird about certain types of meat. But worth a try.:tongue: